Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

online activation of Audition 3 is no longer possible

Jan 03, 2013 Jan 03, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For those who do not know - Adobe no longer has activation servers for AA3. Anyone know a workaround for not being able to activate AA3 anymore. I've had to do a new install. Disabling activation is quite an astonishing move by Adobe if this really is the case

thanks, Greg

TOPICS
Version 3 and earlier

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 21, 2020 Feb 21, 2020

I need to point out a few things to you. Firstly, Adobe made Audition 3 available freely until last year. The decision to withdraw it, and all other versions of almost any software apart from the current and -1 versions was not effectively made by Adobe - it was based on legal advice regarding something quite specific, and we are absolutely not allowed to discuss it. Secondly, if you can locate the software download and its serial number it will still work fine, and there's still help available

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Nov 30, 2017 Nov 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got it...just wasn't paying attention to the serial numbers on the right. Thanks for your help!

B

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 11, 2020 Jan 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FYI in 2020 none of this works any longer.  There isn't even a link on adobe on that page for AA anymore.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 21, 2020 Feb 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think its a shame that for an AA3 customer who paid good money for the product Adobe has no viable option for someone who still actually owns the product.  I'm not even asking for support.  I just think its unfair to say so long and show zero care.  It leaves a bad taste 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 21, 2020 Feb 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need to point out a few things to you. Firstly, Adobe made Audition 3 available freely until last year. The decision to withdraw it, and all other versions of almost any software apart from the current and -1 versions was not effectively made by Adobe - it was based on legal advice regarding something quite specific, and we are absolutely not allowed to discuss it. Secondly, if you can locate the software download and its serial number it will still work fine, and there's still help available for it here - but not the download. You have to locate that for yourself. So you are incorrect about the 'zero care' thing - we still offer user support here. I believe that you can still even download the 3.0.1 patch, if you look for it.

Audition 3 and the activation service 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 18, 2020 Dec 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

[quote]Secondly, if you can locate the software download and its serial number it will still work fine, and there's still help available for it here - but not the download. [/quote]

I am having this same issue with Adobe Audtion 3.0  I am reinstalling the software, I have the original installation CD and the serial number but I am unable to activate. I do not have the adobe account that originally purchased the software. Is there any way I can get this activated?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 18, 2020 Dec 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You might as well throw away the original CD - there is absolutely nothing you can do with it. It's only the download that was available that could be activated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines