• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Pitch Shifter Custom Preset Saving

New Here ,
May 03, 2021 May 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I used pitch shifter to change portions of some voice overs and saved as preset, but when I want to use it for another file or the same file at a later instance when closed and opened, it is not available. Where does the pitch shifter custom presets gets saved and how to use it for any other file? Surprisingly couldn't find any tutorial on this! Someone please help.

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 04, 2021 May 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Need more detail about exactly what you are doing, I think. I've tried it in Waveform view and it works fine - you save a preset, close everything, start again and the preset's still there. And if you open a Multitrack session, it's still available for that too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am new to Aduition. So kindly pardon my ignorance.

I have a voice over of book reading and would like the voices sound differently for each character, so I changed pitches for half of it using pitch shifter and saved the presets in the waveform. But now when i go back and open the files in audition, the effects are applied to the portions I worked on, but am unable to find the preset to apply to few other portions of the voice over. I dont know where the custom presets gets saved to retrieve it, only the standards presets are available (Angry Gerbil, Deathly III, Stretch etc.) 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Custom presets are in the same list as the installed ones:

Saving preset in pitch shift.JPG

That's the one I tested it with earlier.

If, for some reason, presets are not being stored from one session to the next, then the most likely explanation is that there's some sort of protection in place on your machine that automatically restores defaults in the folders it's set to monitor. Sometimes this relates to users not having administrative rights on the machine they are using. If you don't have them as a user, then a lot of things won't work properly. There isn't anything else other than that to look at, really - you need to investigate what happens in Audition's Preferences folder. You'll find the path to it if you use the Help menu and look for the log files - it's the same folder they are in.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines