• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Playback popup bug

Contributor ,
May 17, 2024 May 17, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After I zoom into the timeline waveform, if I hit the space bar to play, the Move - Restore- Minimize popup, opens up in Windows, no issues on Mac. It's not the end of the world but it's obnoxious to use this program having to stop and click off the box every time I make a zoom and hit space. 

This box 

adamt18510785_1-1715972291819.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since it doesn't do this for anybody else, I suspect that you've got a Microsoft shortcut key assigned somehow. I know, for instance, that if you hit Alt+Spacebar within Audition you can get that menu to show, so it's likely to be related to that. There's plenty of help from Microsoft about assigning keystrokes, so that's probably the best place to start. The other possibility is a keyboard short, of course. Not impossible considering where the Alt key is...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No that shouldn't matter. That would make sense if I was holding down ALT while hitting the spacebar.  This is not the case, Alt-Zoom - let go - then spacebar.
Why is this the only program that has this issue? 
Why does all my other programs and DAWS not have this issue, this seems like a program UX problem on Adobe's end

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 18, 2024 May 18, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay - explanation: The standard layout has the = key as zoom in and the - key as zoom out, so no Alt key required. If you press the Alt key it will remember that as a part of a 2-key rollover, so when you hit the spacebar, you'll end up with the menu. So no, it's not a bug.

And as I said, it doesn't happen to anybody else because they aren't using the Alt key to zoom.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
May 18, 2024 May 18, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Alt key it will remember that as a part of a 2-key rollover. 

Thanks for the explanation, I'll stop hitting the alt key in this program. 
Is there any reason why there are no key standards? Why would it be alt-mwheel in just about all the other Adobe programs, can't someone go do the hall and tell Audition that all the other programs use alt -mwheel to zoom?  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 19, 2024 May 19, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's historical, and it's considered that there are far too many Audition users out there who are used to it the way it is, and they don't want to alienate them all in one go. There are some Microsoft key standards, and actually Audition adheres to many of them - not entirely surprising since it was originally written by a Microsoft employee. But in general they allow for rather a lot of anomalies because they weren't intended for any form of audio editing, so aren't comprehensive. But the zoom situation is different, and the M$ standard wasn't followed. This says that zooming in is Ctrl + '+' and that zooming out is Ctrl + '-'. IIRC, the thinking behind this is that because it was something that you might want to do frequently, and you didn't really want to be hitting two keys to achieve it - hence the choice of single keystrokes. That said, Alt + Mwheel works fine in Waveform view, and both horizontally and vertially in Multitrack, as long as you have the cursor in the correct place.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adding cohesive functionality is not alienating anyone, it's adding constant UX across the platforms. 
Saying something like that is just as ridiculous as the premiere teams saying MM button timeline pan won't be integrated because most premiere users don't have mm buttons. 
That's an absolutely garbage statement. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thing is, I'm telling you how it is, and why, and I didn't say whether I approved or not. That's not 'garbage' or 'ridiculous', that's history, and what was reported at the time. What you wrote, on the other hand is just rude.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm not pointing to you and saying you're garbage, sorry if that came out that way. 
I'm saying adobe's lack of UX standards and the answer is garbage, another example of a company that can't do the bare basics to get their products all in line with each other.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines