• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Plugin manager freezing Audition CC 2021

New Here ,
Aug 18, 2021 Aug 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Haven't found anything else on this yet. New computer; recently installed new Waves plugins using Waves Central. Unable to scan them in to use - every attempt to open the Audio Plug-in Manager results in freezing the program entirely. Only way out is to quit by ending in Win Task Manager. 

System is Win10 Pro. Problem occurs in CC v14.4 (upgraded from 14.2 thinking this would resolve), as well as CS6 on the same machine. Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

TOPICS
Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 19, 2021 Aug 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're the second person to complain about exactly this in the last 24hrs - I'm beginning to wonder whether Waves have screwed up - again... (they have form here). The useful information is that it's not just a single version of Audition it's failing in - the other report didn't mention trying that approach at all. But in the same breath I have to say that Audition has been known to be a bit picky about vendors who take short-cuts with their coding. Apparently there are one or two shortcuts that are commonly accepted by other DAWs that Audition simply won't countenance.

If it really is Waves that have screwed up, they won't admit it - they never do. Whenever this sort of thing happens both parties involved always blame the other one - which of course helps nobody. I will make enquiries...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 19, 2021 Aug 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And of course there's this: waves plugins do not load after update 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 20, 2021 Aug 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Steve. I'd also reinstalled all my iZotope products using their Portal, Native Access & some others; basically restoring everything that was lost in the machine swap. Seemed to accept the first batch well enough; I can access the plugins that are already recognized. First noticed this within the past week after moving other licenses around and trying to refresh for the newer installs. I'll uninstall Waves completely to see if that changes anything.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 20, 2021 Aug 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Scratch that.  Waves completely uninstalled. Same result - both CS6 & CC freeze as soon as plug-in manager's selected. Won't even bring up the plug-in window; task manager's the only way out.

I have a similar setup on my laptop - same plugin suites, CC2021 14.2. No problems there so far, so something machine-specific maybe?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines