• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Previewing Audio Prior to Opening in Audition

Community Beginner ,
Mar 16, 2021 Mar 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know this was marked as answered in a previously thread but it wasn't quite right.

In older versions of Audition, you could click on a file prior to opening in the "Import File" screen and preview on the fly. Now, the option to preview the file is only available if you actually import the file first.

Is there a way to preview on the fly as it was before? I do like the ability to use a Windows file explorer type system to search keywords in a folder prior to opening the file but really miss that ability to preview prior to opening/importing said file.

To be clear, even with the preview icons marked in the "File" window, it doesn't preview until the file is pulled in / imported.

If it's not available I just want to know so I can try to find another work around.

TOPICS
Feature request , Feature requests , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Mar 16, 2021 Mar 16, 2021

Okay... just accidently figured it out.

If you go to "Media Brower" under "Window" you can undock it and that will allow you to navigate your files and preview.

Just a different way to do it but still an option. Ideal if you have a two monitor setup to undock it and have it open on your second screen.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Mar 16, 2021 Mar 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Okay... just accidently figured it out.

If you go to "Media Brower" under "Window" you can undock it and that will allow you to navigate your files and preview.

Just a different way to do it but still an option. Ideal if you have a two monitor setup to undock it and have it open on your second screen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines