Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Probably the dumbest question ever: Can't hear multitrack in headphones

New Here ,
Dec 13, 2020 Dec 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello.

I figured I would share my ignorance in the hopes that it brings someone joy at being able to solve somethng easily.

I am running Audition CC, current build. I have an M32r connectd via USB to my desktop. I have installed the ASIO driver (TEKNIK DN32). I can SEE that the inputs are working (levels are going all up and down and stuff) and I can RECORD and then playback by switching to MME. However, I cannot listen through ASIO. There is no option, as far as I can tell, for sending an output to headphones. 

Please help a beknighted soul.

TOPICS
Audio hardware , How to , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 13, 2020 Dec 13, 2020

Is this pair of headphones connected to the mixer? Audition hasn't the faintest idea what headphones are - it just sends stuff out on ASIO channels. And ASIO channels don't know what headphones are either!

Chances are that this is a configuration issue in the mixer - what's being sent from Audition isn't getting anywhere it's being recognised as a return feed. The only thing you can do in Audition to establish where anything's going is to look at the Output assignments in Preferences>Audio Cha

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Dec 13, 2020 Dec 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Is this pair of headphones connected to the mixer? Audition hasn't the faintest idea what headphones are - it just sends stuff out on ASIO channels. And ASIO channels don't know what headphones are either!

Chances are that this is a configuration issue in the mixer - what's being sent from Audition isn't getting anywhere it's being recognised as a return feed. The only thing you can do in Audition to establish where anything's going is to look at the Output assignments in Preferences>Audio Channel Mapping. If Channels 1 & 2 aren't being routed to the mixer (click on the twirldowns at the end of each entry to see where they are going) then clearly you won't hear a thing. Have a look at the manual and work through things methodically - it's bound to be relatively straightforward.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines