• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Putting Audition on a 3rd computer

Explorer ,
Feb 06, 2022 Feb 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Audition installed on my primary laptop where everything is stored, and on my spare laptop that i use to record way across the room. 

I also have a DAW desktop, where I have Cubase, on which I really cant use Audition to do my sample editing because Audition is limited to 2 devices.

Then I think about how Ive paid $240/year just to be able to use Audition, over $1000 so far for one program, to use it for my vinyl ripping.  It is the best for that but this is really expensive for an individual user/hobby person.  Everybody says I have lost my mind to do this.

Is it still true I cant put Audition on my third computer even after throwing all my money at Adobe like I do?  It would be a dream but I keep thinking here I am at the DAW and I cant use my $1000 program, its awful.

thx!

TOPICS
Feature request

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, to the best of my knowledge nothing has altered - still 2 seats for one subscription. The only suggestion I can make is that you find the unlocked copy of Audition 3 that's still available if you look hard, and install that on one of the machines instead - this isn't limited at all, and actually, you can put it on as many machines as you want or need. For the vast majority of use, you wouldn't exactly be limited in any way by it either.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Interesting about the old version, did not know.  Look hard for it, you say.. Im sure you dont mean look for it in sketchy places, does Adobe offer it on the website somewhere?  I have a heart attack wondering about software links and I dont do any pirating so im pretty clueless.

I was thinking one of my uses is for simple recording, so im sure an old version of Audition will do the same job on one of my machines if I can find it.  Will do some searching.

I appreciate the reply. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 07, 2022 Feb 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you search around this forum hard enough, you might find a link to it. You may have to go wayback, though...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 10, 2022 Feb 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Steve,
I did some searching and I found a user's post here referring to having tried to use the recently unlocked version 3, there was a link to the post in a "//archive.fo" type link.  The file I tried from that didn't work, it was a 1kb .exe that windows said was corrupted.

I then found this page that talks about Adobe making an old version available:
How To Get Adobe Creative Suite for Free and Legally - Lifehack

and that article links back to Adobe itself which says now:

johnh76715022_0-1644551505062.png

So does this sound like what you thought was an option has been sealed off?  

Just curious if it is worth looking further or I have found it and it has been withdrawn.  

thx

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 11, 2022 Feb 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, that's ancient history and completely out of date. There is a hint in my previous post as to where you should be looking, though...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 14, 2022 Feb 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi again

I got a follow up email from Adobe asking "did you find the answer you needed?" from posting here. 

I am not happy with the guessing games, and not sure why there is a legit older unlocked version out there but you can only hint at where to find it.

Im pretty sure I opened a .exe from some other mysterious old archive post while trying to *guess* what you are leading me toward.  Totally not cool.  

So Im $1000 deep into Audition and paid for it monthly since 2018, and nobody can tell me how a third computer's installation can be set up.    I have to deauthorize one while I use the other computer.  and then deauthorize it back next week. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's not legitimate - that's why we can't give you a link to it. Adobe were forced to remove it by their legal team. Like I said, you have to go Wayback - or find somewhere else that it's stored. If somebody else puts a link to it in this thread then I sort-of won't see it for a while, if you see what I mean - but I can't put it here without getting in trouble with the people that run the forums.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have to deauthorize one while I use the other computer.  and then deauthorize it back next week.

Out of curiosity, is there any downside for you in toggling activations (Sign Out/Sign In) between machines? That's how I work between about 4 devices.

Obviously your workflow may be different to mine. Just curious.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines