• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Record in the middle of a file without deletion

Community Beginner ,
Jan 20, 2021 Jan 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, how can I record in the middle of the file where Audition creates a buffer so as not to copy over already recorded information.

For example, In the middle of a file, I would like to do three versions of one phrase or sentence.

Currently, Audition only allows for the amount of space previously recorded to do the recording in and then it starts to copy over the wave.

Please help guide me on how to tell Audition to create a buffer for unlimited recording space within the file.

Thank you!

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I should add, and please excuse me for not mentioning this before. 

I much prefer to work in single "Audio File" mode, not "Multitrack"

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not an ideal thing to do in Waveform view, and in fact I can only think of one way of doing this. It's not ideal, but if you place the cursor at the point where you want to insert a new piece and insert silence (Edit>Insert>Silence) you will create a gap in your recording that's as long as the time you selected in the dialog box that pops up. If you insert more than you need, you can trim it back afterwards.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Gotcha.

I have use a piece of software called twisted wave and it is great in that it allows you to start recording in the middle of a file and creates a constant buffer ahead of the new recroding. That's what I'm trying to achieve here. Hmmm.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

People don't regard this as an issue in Audition because normally (and much more safely) they'd do this in Multitrack view. In fact you couldn't ever get Audition to do what you want in Waveform view, because it doesn't use a buffer system to record - everything is sent to a temp file before finally being saved. So if you like, it's already in a buffer - but not one you can modify. And it's this way of working that is what makes Waveform view dangerous for recording - the slightest mistake happening on your computer, and the chances are, you've lost an entire recording. In Multitrack, files are written direct to disk and if your computer screws up, generally everything up to that point is recoverable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines