• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Record the Metronome Track into a Mixdown

Community Beginner ,
Apr 29, 2020 Apr 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it possible to record the metronome track in a mixdown, to build up backing tracks?

TOPICS
Export , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 30, 2020 Apr 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Only by routing it out of a separate output on your sound device, and looping it back to a spare input. If you don't have a multi-input and output sound device, then I'm afraid you can't do it directly, no. It may be possible that if you use something like Virtual Audio Cable (assuming you're on a PC not a Mac), you might be able to tap into the metronome output feed and have it presented as an altenative input, but I've not tried that - it's an almighty pain to set up, whatever you do with it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 22, 2022 Jan 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Easy to do in Windows with VB-Audio Virtual Cable. In Audio Hardware, change your Default Output to "CABLE Input." In the track where you'd like to record the metronome, change the input to "CABLE Output."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 22, 2022 Jan 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks I will try it!1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines