• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Retreat multitrack file from a crash

Community Beginner ,
Jan 01, 2022 Jan 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all. I'm new to Adobe Audition. I made a multitrack file (.sesx) and I maintained a good habit of saving it (File --> Save). I accidentally chose to rendered all stretched clips and my Macbook soon ran out of memory. I had to force quit it but after I reopen the Audition, my work was gone. The multitrack file was in its very primary status and looked at I had never touched it.

Is there a way that I can retreat the latest edited multitrack file? I'm using Adobe Audition 22. Thank you in advance!

Xingze

TOPICS
Crash , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 02, 2022 Jan 02, 2022

You'll probably find that if you look in the place you store your .sesx backups, there will be a save that's later than the one you've been offered. No I don't know why - it just seems to do that sometimes. Anyway, that's the first thing to check.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jan 02, 2022 Jan 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You'll probably find that if you look in the place you store your .sesx backups, there will be a save that's later than the one you've been offered. No I don't know why - it just seems to do that sometimes. Anyway, that's the first thing to check.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi SteveG. Thank you for your reply. I found there are auto backups stored in Adobe Cloud. But when I opened them, my edited clips still didn't show up in the track. I supposed it is because I manually deleted the auto-generated clip files, and the project couldn't find them when it tried to retrieve the editing history.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yup, very likely.

FWIW, sesx files aren't that large, and personally I think that it's a complete folly storing them outside the machine, especially if it involves a piece of wet string linked to any form of cloud storage. Much better to store your backup sesx files locally - even on an external usb HD is a better bet. There is a principle behind this too - you should only store copies of anything on a cloud-based system. If you have an issue with the sesx file you're working with, then the external backups aren't copies any more - they're originals. And you've left them somewhere pretty vulnerable...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 03, 2022 Jan 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi SteveG. I really appreciate your advice!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines