• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Selecting specific clips to add effects to

New Here ,
Feb 03, 2022 Feb 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello. Until today I was able to select one portion of my audio and add an effect, such as to de-ess a specific portion. But today every time I try to do that it does it to the entire clip which degrades my audio. I have no idea why this started happening or how to fix it. Please let me know what to do.

Thank you

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 04, 2022 Feb 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since you are talking about clips, I presume that this is in Multitrack view. On the face of it, it also sounds as though you are adding a 'clip' effect, which would do that. But that's where I'm having a litlle difficulty; you can only do what you want in Waveform view - unless you use the automation system. So can you describe the exact steps you are taking in rather more detail please?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not using multitrack. Clip was the wrong word. I can;t isolate specific sections of the waveform like I used to do to use rx mouthclick or de-esser, etc. Even if I highlight one section it adds the effect to the entire waveform. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you talking about a waveform selection or a spectral view selection? if it's the spectral display, then you may well have selected the Time Selection tool instead of the Marquee Selection one at the top of the display.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm just talking about the green waveform and I'm not using the multitrack. I uploaded an image showing the highlighted area is the only portion I want to add an effect to. But all of a sudden when go to add the effect it adds it to the entire thing and not just the portion I highlighted. It just started doing this and I have no idea why. Before this, I was able to highlight any area I wanted and add the effect to only that highlighted area minimizing the destruction to the overall audio quality. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's the image: https://ibb.co/rp0SR6Q

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 05, 2022 Feb 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll just leave this here (from your screengrab)...

process entire file.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 05, 2022 Feb 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I don't know how that even changed. Tnx for noticing! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines