Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Space Bar- Keyboard shortcut

Guide ,
Jul 16, 2019 Jul 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Everyone.

By default when I Click on Space-Bar, It dose Toggle-Playback. I want to change it to Pause only, but I cant. It seems like you can not change it.

I would like to assign the Pause to Sapce, rather than Control+Shift + Space

Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Advisor , Jul 17, 2019 Jul 17, 2019

Can I ask why you want to be able to make this change?  Perhaps because you want to continue playback from exactly where the cursor stops?

If so, see my screenshot below; if you ensure the highlighted box (under Edit>Preferences>Playback and Recording) is NOT ticked pressing the space bar stops playback exactly where the cursor is and restarts it from that exact same place.

HTH

Jeff

ScreenShot00572.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate
Advisor ,
Jul 17, 2019 Jul 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can I ask why you want to be able to make this change?  Perhaps because you want to continue playback from exactly where the cursor stops?

If so, see my screenshot below; if you ensure the highlighted box (under Edit>Preferences>Playback and Recording) is NOT ticked pressing the space bar stops playback exactly where the cursor is and restarts it from that exact same place.

HTH

Jeff

ScreenShot00572.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 14, 2021 Oct 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you so much! I was slowly going crazy with the space bar. NOW the F****** thing STOPS, stays put, not jumping back to a prior point

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

animationlife  wrote

It seems like you can not change it.

Correct - I'm afraid that the space bar cannot be reassigned, like it says in the warning message:

Space bar.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

However there is no reason why you cannot reassign Toggle Pause to a simpler keyboard shortcut than the present one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear emmrecs

I did go to Preferences- Playback and Recording, and I Unchecked the Box " Return playhead to start position on "

and now Its working Ok. I could not reassign Toggle Pause keyboard shortcut.

The reason I wanted to change this, because I am more comfortable with Space-Bar for Pausing,.and this is something I use most of the time.

Thank you very much.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines