• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Special > Vocal Enhancer > Male/Female is broken; bitrate changes randomly in newest edition

New Here ,
Mar 11, 2021 Mar 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got an update yesterday, and now the Effects > Special > Vocal Enhancer > Female (and Male) are broken. How do I fix it?

AGreenleaf_0-1615449179907.png

Also, I will be recording and the pitch will randomly change, as if there was a birtrate mismatch. Sometimes it occurs in a single file, sometimes it happens when I close one file and open another. Rebooting the computer fixes this, but there has to be a better way. 

TOPICS
Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It works fine here, so if you are getting that message in particular, you may have got a corrupted Preferences file; that is where the presets are stored. If you haven't got anything special stored in your presets for any effects in particular, then the easy and very quick way to restore all the preferences to a vanilla state is to restart Audition with the Shift key held down. If that doesn't fix the problem, then uninstall Audition, preferably using the Adobe CCcleaner app.

If you have other effects preferences that you want to preserve, you will have to go through the rather more complicated process of locating the appropriate .xml file and editing that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sadly, neither of those things worked. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The other less than obvious thing to make sure of is that you are running Audition with Administrator rights. Not doing that can cause all sorts of unexpected results...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 15, 2021 Apr 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got the same error, and now the Vocal Enhancer has only Low Tone, High Tone, and Music (plus default)...

Restarting with the shift key held doesn't help. I am on the current version - I just checked for updates.

grrrr

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's not an error - that's the new version. From the upgrade details page:

'Effect presets in Chorus/Flanger, DeEsser, and Vocal Enhancer cannot be selected after importing older version prefs in AU 14.0.'

So now it just has the Low, High and Music settings, and any attempt to import previous settings will fail.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Many thanks.

I suspected as much!

Jim

--

Jim Brulé
*Diving Deeply into Stories:* https://bit.ly/DivingDeeply

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/JimBrule/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines