• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Spectral Freq does not work, Noise reduction greyed out

Community Beginner ,
Jun 22, 2021 Jun 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Trying to do the Audition tutorials, specifically the noise reduction one. 

So it says to use Spectral Frequency Display, and points to the button to do so. But when I click the button nothing happens. 

So then I thought, ok...... I am just trying to reduce noise on a recording, so next step is "Open the Noise Reduction effect" but when I do so, Effects > Noise Reduction / Restoration > all the top options, such as "Noise Reduction (process)" are greyed out. 

What is going on?

TOPICS
Noise reduction

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 23, 2021 Jun 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd guess that you are trying to do this in Multitrack view, where it's not designed to work. NR as a process effect works on files, and you don't get to work on files in Multitrack view - it's essentially non-destructive, and NR is a file-destructive process - so you can only use it on individual files in Waveform view.

It may look like a file when it's displayed in Multitrack, but don't let that decieve you - that's just a placeholder. Multitrack view is nothing more than a glorified file player, and clips in it are nothing more than an instruction to play that bit of a file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 23, 2021 Jun 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, you got that right. Thank you

(Tutorial should mention this, but oh well...... they are pretty poorly done, I've watched a few more)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 24, 2021 Jun 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, there certainly are a few 'errors of omission' in the tutorials...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines