Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Spectral view is black, no sound, but wave forms show

New Here ,
May 21, 2021 May 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I was in the middle of working on editing a file, both wave form and sepctral view open, when all in a sudden I got a prompt to save my file and restart Audition to prevent damage. When I reopened, I could no longer hear any sound and the spectral view was all black, though the wave form would still show. Any ideas what's happened there?2021-05-21_9-16-05.png

TOPICS
Crash

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 13, 2022 Jun 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem. If you figured out how to fix it pls let me know T-T

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jun 14, 2022 Jun 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is Spectral View blacked out for every file you open, or just for that one?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 15, 2022 Jun 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 09, 2022 Sep 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've had this issue multiple times. I'd love a solution, sometimes I've lost hours of work. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 29, 2023 Oct 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue multiple times, just lost a week's worth of work because it overwrote the file and now opens with black spectral view and just a waveform but no sound

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 30, 2023 Oct 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Well I can tell you what it is - but I can't tell you why it's doing it. All the display information has come from the .pkf file associated with the actual audio file. Normally in the event of a discrepency between the waveform and the .pkf file results in the .pkf file being updated to represent what's in the waveform. Somewhere this process appears to have gone wrong, and what appears to be a file with audio in it doesn't contain any - hence no spectral display (which is generated differently).

I suspect that this has everything to do with dodgy temp files, since there appear to be crashes involved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines