Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Speed scrolling not so fluid

New Here ,
Apr 16, 2022 Apr 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello there,

I am using Audition to edit long files, sometimes of about an hour. There's not so much to edit on it so I've took a rather fast pace. 

I have waveform and spectral frequency displayed, and I use 2X time playback, while I'm editing the file.

As I've acustomed to edit at this speed, Audition did not. The display isn't as smooth while scrolling, as I believe the spectral display takes a lot of power.

I don't know if it's GPU or CPU power though. I have a RTX 2080 Super, and I wonder if I could take advantage of this GPU to enhance Audition performances in my particuliar usage.

Thank you for your answers, and edit safely !

TOPICS
Feature requests , Playback

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 16, 2022 Apr 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It's always worth checking to see if there's an updated video driver for your machine. Generally with any video card with extra processing capability, you need to keep the drivers updated before the system, or your software, can use the extra power. On the DAW upstairs, nvidia manage to update the driver software almost weekly sometimes... chances are that almost certainly it's out of date, even if you checked it a month ago!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines