• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

The 2017 WE NEED BINS request page.

Explorer ,
Aug 05, 2017 Aug 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a feature request seen every year dating back to 2009.  Audition team...WE NEED, WANT, WOULD LOVE TO HAVE, organizational bins added to Audition so we can keep our projects organized.  I use Audition to edit a podcast and with hours of audio, interviews, sound effects, and music a bin system like you see in Adobe Premiere, and After Effects is a must.  This could be the year.  Please get on it!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 06, 2017 Aug 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It would certainly be nice to have. But I seem to have managed all sorts of complex Audition sessions over 20 years of using CoolEdit/Audition with out them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 06, 2017 Aug 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So have I. Which seems to imply that you, me and the thousands of broadcasters who've done the same thing over the last 20 years without them must be really exceptional people then...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 10, 2017 Aug 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can all stay in the past patting each other on the back, or you can ask more from your audio editing software.  As a fully integrated suite Audition lacks the basic organizational tools of its peers and counterparts.  Logic has folders and bins, Pro-tools has folders and bins.  Premier Pro and After Effects all use folders and bins.   Audition has nothing to organize different types of files. As an integrated suite this feature would complement the other software it interacts with. The commenters so far seem to have only come to say "we didn't have bins and we turned out ok!" Well here are your offacial medals of achievement. I refuse to accept complacency however.  This does not meet the status quo and it is time to change.  Evolution is in Audition's cards, now is the time to grow! Now Adobe needs to look to the future of this suite and ask, "after all this time, why don't we have bins?" This may not be an easy task, but since when has Adobe shrunk from the challenge of making a product the best it can be for their subscribers? I believe in Adobe's ability to make this happen.  I believe in bins, I believe the future will be a more organized one.  Amen, God Bless America. **fireworks**  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 11, 2017 Aug 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/Zombie+Hunter  wrote

This may not be an easy task, but since when has Adobe shrunk from the challenge of making a product the best it can be for their subscribers? I believe in Adobe's ability to make this happen.

Oh, they do. They talk to the people who have thousands of seats (yes there are plenty of those) all the time, as that's where most of their income comes from. And if those customers wanted 'bins' (which sound suspiciously like folders to me) they'd have got them. Have you actually tried using the Media Browser?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

UPDATE: Adobe recently got in touch with me and said they are working on this but with no definitive time table for delivery.  So they listen to people with only a few seats too.   I have used media browser and Adobe Bridge, but that is like base level organization, it does not give you the same level of organizational refinement that a per project folder system like Adobe Premiere has.  People who learn to edit content with Adobe Premiere and than have to get into audio editing find it shockingly primitive to come to Audition and have no way to properly keep their project organized.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/Zombie+Hunter  wrote

UPDATE: Adobe recently got in touch with me and said they are working on this but with no definitive time table for delivery. 

Yes, I think I understand what that's code for...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 18, 2017 Sep 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE add bins!  The lack of bins almost makes me want to cut podcasts in Premiere!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Feb 28, 2022 Feb 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

13 years later.. Still no bins. Their last update was on 2021, where they wanted to implement it but due to reasons of Covid it still didn't happen.. Meanwhile we are a year further almost from the last update and still is not fixed. Way to go team Audition.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines