• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Time Stretch Render Quality in AA

Explorer ,
Dec 17, 2019 Dec 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Am I missing something?  When I make slight adjustments to voice over timing (ex. dialogue replacement in a project in which vo needs to fit exactly between two sound bites), there is the "real time" mode and the "rendered (high quality)" mode.  If I use "real time," the quality is fine since variations are within +/- 5%, however when I switch to "render (high quality)," the quality is terrible and sounds like a 56k mp3. Why is that?  Is there a "render settings preferences" setting (as in Premiere) that needs to be set?  Am I setting the bar too high and totally missing Adobe's definition of "high quality?"

This situation occurs in Multitrack mode where the quality degridation (and waveform changes) are immediately evident and passes down through to the Mixdown.

Advise greatly appreciated!

TOPICS
Export , How to , Playback , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the high quality 'render' mode, what do you have the advanced settings set to?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Precision = High

Window Size is 37 ms

Preserve Formats is checked

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Strange. I've tried it on some speech here and I can't hear much difference for just a few percent change between the two processing options. I wonder what's going on? Can you provide a short sample of an original and what it sounds like when it's been rendered and also the realtime, for comparison?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 19, 2019 Dec 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes.  I'd be happy to.  Is there a way to upload or do I need to post to Soundcloud or something?  I am unfamilair with the functions here.

Incidently, I downloaded the latest AA and now, I can not get stretch to work in the Edit View.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 19, 2019 Dec 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll try this...here is a download link for the sample - https://files.secureserver.net/0svFdhchFtRmt5

It is simply a short portion of a VO sentence; original plus 4 versions using different methods of stretching:

1 - Straight Recording (no stretch) 6.2 seconds
2 - Time Stretch Multi-Track (Stretch Mode - Real Time) 5.5 seconds
3 - Time Stretch Multi-Track (Stretch Mode - Rendered - Monophonic) 5.5 seconds
4 - Time Stretch Multi-Track (Stretch Mode - Rendered - Polyphonic) 5.5 seconds
5 - Time Stretch in Edit Mode (before I downloaded the new version) 5.5 seconds

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 22, 2019 Dec 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Audio Samples on the link below

The quality of "time stretch" is degraded in multitrack. If I use "real time," the quality is fine (acceptable) since variations are within +/- 5%, however when I switch to "render (high quality)," the quality is terrible and sounds like a 56k mp3.

This situation occurs in Multitrack mode where the quality degridation (and waveform changes) are immediately evident and passes down through to the Mixdown.

Settings
Precision = High
Window Size is 37 ms
Preserve Formats is checked

Download link for the sample - https://files.secureserver.net/0svFdhchFtRmt5

...or DOWNLOAD HERE to open in new window

This is simply a short portion of a VO sentence; the original plus 4 versions using different methods of stretching. Total time of file around 28 seconds with sentence repeated 5 times:

• 1 - Straight Recording (no stretch) 6.2 seconds
    2 - Time Stretch Multi-Track (Stretch Mode - Real Time) 5.5 seconds
    3 - Time Stretch Multi-Track (Stretch Mode - Rendered - Monophonic) 5.5 seconds
    4 - Time Stretch Multi-Track (Stretch Mode - Rendered - Polyphonic) 5.5 seconds
    5 - Time Stretch in Edit Mode (before I downloaded the new version) 5.5 seconds

[Concatenated with original thread - Mod]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 23, 2019 Dec 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for Concatenating into the original thread.  😞  

The whole point of reposting was to try to move it up the list of threads/questions so that MAYBE someone could offer some assistance.  This would be totally unnecessary if Adobe had the slightest interest in supporting their customers who pay them every month (at infinitum) for a program that should be a buyout anyway.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 17, 2022 Jun 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the exact same problem now with Audition and its 2022! Your post is word for word what I'm currently experiencing I wonder if anyone every managed a fix. Very frustrating as it's eating into editing time for the last 2 days.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 18, 2022 Jun 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not even sure if anyone reads these pages but for what its worth I have had a small breakthrough just in case others are having this issue. I tried for 2 days and even re-recording things in different setting but nothing seemed to work. It was only when I converted a stereo file in 'waveform' to mono that the issue completely resolved. As I'm recording a solo instrument, the mono is probably fine for what I'm doing but its a real puzzle as to why I needed to convert it to make it work. Its like it was adding the stretch/realtime twice (both channels) or something but I'm not experienced enough to know. When I watch tutorial videos on YouTube they clearly are showing left and right channels with the full effect working so for me there is some reason I needed to make into one. Anyway I hope this is of help to others and if anyone has any idea why I had to do this conversion I'd appreciate any feedback as I'd like to have the option to keep a stereo recording if I wanted. Thanks B 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 18, 2022 Jun 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No, we don't read them at all... 😉 but I don't know why it should suddenly work properly only on a mono file; as you say, it should work fine on a stereo one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines