• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Track Panner Isn't Showing Up in the Mixer

New Here ,
May 07, 2021 May 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This might be a super-noob question/situation, but...

I shot a feature on a Red in 8K. I've dropped the raws into 4K ProRes 4444 codec. I have a cut together, and now I'm trying to do a 5.1 mix. I have a Logitech 5.1 speaker set-up.

In Premiere, I have broken out the production by scene. What I have done is taken Scene 01 and nested it so I have one video track, one audio track on the Premiere timeline. On that, I do an Edit > Edit in Adobe Audition.

In Audition, I have my "Audio" on track one, imported from Premiere. From there, I've done an Add Tracks, selecting all of them as 5.1 tracks. I've started dropping sound and dialogue onto the additional tracks. But none of them let me mix to 5.1. I go to Window and select "Track Panner" with the tracks selected. That pulls up the Track Panner, but it has no functionality.

I'm stymied. It seems like this is the result of me missing a super easy, obvious, foundational step, but I have no idea what that step might be.

I'm cutting this on a trashcan Mac with 64GB of RAM, drawing from 72TB of external data, everything in the Adobe suite (with the addition of some plug-ins like Red Giant and iZotope).

Any suggestions are sincerely appreciated...

TOPICS
User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,
May 08, 2021 May 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What settings are shown under Preferences>Audio Channel Mapping, Output?

It is my understanding that that is where your 5.1 outputs should be listed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 08, 2021 May 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm pretty sure that the reason that this is happening is that when you exported the audio from Premiere, it didn't look anything like 5.1 - so it's been imported into a default stereo session. If you do that, and then try to open the Track Panner window, it will appear to be greyed out - quite reasonably!

That's why it's happening. What do you do about it? What I'm going to suggest is having a listen to Adobe's principal evangelist explain how to do it. He's very listenable to and generally explains things in a way people can understand. He's also a friend of mine, so don't be rude about him! Anyway, you can listen to what he has to say here. I'd rather he explained about this than me, because he's done it - I haven't ever needed to. And in fact there's quite a bit to it - rather more than I'd ever want to put in a forum reply... 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines