• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Tracking vocals with a delay

New Here ,
Mar 18, 2022 Mar 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all! I've been searching everywhere and I can't seem to find a tutorial or an example of how to achieve this. I'm wanting to record vocals with a delay (so I don't sound dry while recording) then when recording is complete I want the delay turned off without having affected the raw recording. Can anyone please explain to me how to do this? I'm a newbie so maybe specific steps could be mentioned if possible? Thank you so much in advance!

TOPICS
How to , Playback , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wouldn't the answer to this to be:

1. duplicate the raw original recording
  2. add delay / echo / room reverb to the duplicate file 

Best regards, Euan.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Euan,

Thank you for the response. I was actually wanting to know how to add reverb to the "recording" track that I would be using to get the original raw recording. Basically I want to hear reverb as im singing in the mic but after im done recording vocals, remove the reverb so it doesn't stay on the vocal track. So when I send it to the mixing engineer the vocal track will be raw and dry without any effects to it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One thing you need to know is that Audition can only record dry. If you put an effect onto a track whilst recording it, and then play it back it will seem as though the effect is on the recording, but it isn't; if you remove the effect from the track, you'll find you have a dry recording. In other words, the original effect is being applied again on playback. With reverb, you tend to get a processing delay as well which can be confusing - but as long as you remove the direct component of the reverb, and just stick with the reverb itself, it's generally fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello Steve,

Thank you so much! That is the exact info I needed! I really appreciate it! Thank you again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines