Tracks in Audition CC 2019 don't show the device input options!

New Here ,
Sep 13, 2021 Sep 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Help! I'm using a loaner computer with CC 2019 and the device inputs are not there!! The tracks record both left and right into the same track! I'm used to 2015 where I could put my mic in track 1 and the other person in track 2.  But this won't let me tell the tracks which mics to look at, and like I said, both sides are coming out stereo on one track! I want mono, but can't select that.  It just gives options for None, Read, Write, Latch, etc.

Audition.png

TOPICS
Audio hardware , How to , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And now the pan feature on each track has disappeared!

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not surprised that you can't see inputs and outputs when you are looking at the automation pulldown in the EQ tab... 😉

You want the the tab on the left with the two arrows (in and out).

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please forgive my ignorance. I'm used to them popping up automatically and I don't see the tab you are describing. Can you send a  pic?Audition2.jpg

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't seem to get the print screen function to show the whole left side.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

IO tab.JPG

May I suggest that you have a look at some of the tutorial videos? This is all very basic stuff.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been using Audition for 4 years and have never come across this issue.  Yes, I selected the arrows but nothing happens.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I appreciate the sarcasm, but I'm not a newbie. It is INDEED selected, to no avail.Audition3.jpg

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That was an observation, not sarcasm. But, if you have the input/output tab selected and you still see the EQ options, then there's something seriously wrong with either the installation, your preference files, or your session file (possibly). You'll lose any software settings you made, but the easiest way to reset the preferences is to start Audition with the shift key held down - try that first. If that doesn't make any difference, then try starting a new session and see if you can change between the tabs. If it still doesn't work properly, then uninstall the software using the CC cleaner app that you will find here and then reinstall from the desktop CC app as per normal.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines