• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

U-law file

New Here ,
Feb 22, 2022 Feb 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've created a U-law file for my employer's on-hold message system and it sounds perfect on my end.  When uploaded to the system and played from my employer's computer its has a terrible background static.  All the parameters are set to where the system wants them (employer confirmed with support), 8000Hz, 8 bit, mono, ulaw. 

We were trying to load a tradition file with no luck, as soon as we converted to the proper settings...boom...it uploaded great but had this static.  Perfect on my end.....but end product....no bueno!

Any ideas or thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Brent 

TOPICS
Noise reduction , Playback

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 22, 2022 Feb 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is normal for 8-bit audio - it can't have a SNR of more than 6.02 * 8 = about 48dB, which is why you can hear all that noise. That's determined by the Laws of Physics - nothing to do with Adobe. There are some clues as to what you might want to try in this thread. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 13, 2023 Feb 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am having the same issue with the newest version. I had to install version 22.6. That version actually has the wav extension available in libsndfile new version only lets you save as an nist file. When using 22.6 and saving files as u-law 8 bit not getting any static. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines