appreciate your help as I am new user 

thanking you

TOPICS
Noise reduction

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 12, 2020 Oct 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's a lot of noise, but by using the first part as a noise print and setting the FFT in NR to its maximum setting I got rid of a lot of it by being fairly aggressive with the slider settings. There's a second, different, noise in there as well at the end, and by resampling this and making a second pass, that reduces as well. Often NR works best with multiple passes, taking off a little each time. I've added my quick attempt at this next to yours, to give you some sort of an idea...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 12, 2020 Oct 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much steve got improvemnts done not 100 % yet.

The following steps I did; 

1. Used NR with max FFT 3 times and amplification.

2. Used Hiss Reduction with Frequency analysis.

3. Applied Parametric filters to reduce heavy mic noise

I just did the steps by commsense and trails as I am so new to audition CC

Not sure is step 2 or 3 is required as it made the voice pitch low

Please advice if you can as I have 1000 of cassetes to convert and few bad recording has this noise

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 13, 2020 Oct 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Personally I wouldn't bother with 2 & 3 - the quality won't improve significantly, and ultimately, if they're like that, they'll only end up as being transcription quality anyway. If you investigate NR a bit further, you'll discover that the 'reduction' line can be clicked on and points added to it, which can be dragged up and down, and this will enable you to make the NR more or less effective at different frequencies - with care, this will save you having to attempt to use hiss reduction (never very effective anyway), at least. If you really feel that you need to EQ the files, then you might want to try doing this before the NR, because if you do it afterwards, what you've already achieved will be altered by the amount of EQ you've added (obvious if you think about it for a moment...) and is likely to yield a less acceptable result.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 03, 2020 Nov 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks very much it helped a lot appreciate it sorry for late response

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines