• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Urgent Audio Help

New Here ,
Mar 07, 2022 Mar 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! I was wondering if anyone could help me. I have some audio that has come through with loads of background noise - must be a mic fault. I am not very advanced in my knowledge of Audition - i can use the noise remover but that's about it. I've tried clearing it up but it's just distorting the voice.

I'm not sure what to do - it's for a work thing that's due tomorrow 😞 Can anyone help? I've got four audio files like this - I've attached one so you can hear the issue. For my usual setup I don't have the background noise, just do abasic noise reduction and amplify. Link to audio 

Thanks so much!

TOPICS
Noise reduction

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can probably improve that a bit, but not until tomorrow - it's rather late here. FWIW, most people have difficulty with using NR simply because they overdo it - it's better to use several passes with different FFT sizes and take only a little at each pass, rather than trying to do it all in one go, which invariably gives far worse results. Also it's important that you use the Process NR for this sort of removal - don't bother with any of the others.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Steve! Any help would be hugely appreciated. I keep trying but I'm distorting the actual voice too much - it sounds very low and heavy.  i'll try doing several passes.. not sure what fft means but i'll try! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 08, 2022 Mar 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It's really not that good, or that clear - sounds like camera audio where the camera really wasn't close enough. I've EQed out some of the boominess, but in order to leave the speech intelligible I've had to go very easy on the NR and use about five passes. It's certainly better, but if it's going back with the video it's going to sound wrong if all of the background is removed, so I'd guess that this is about as far as you'd want to go.

MAH01982 Audio ExtractedNREQ.wav 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines