• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

[v14.0 for Windows] Audition stops responding, won't start

Contributor ,
Mar 20, 2021 Mar 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This week Creative Cloud updated Audition to v14.0 and now it frequently stops responding, obliging me to open the Windows Task Manager to shut it down. After that, it sometimes will not start again until I go into Windows Task Manager and delete all running instances of it (typically four or five instances). When Audtion does start, I get this message:

"A previous session of Audition quit unexpectedly. You may open the recovered session now, delete it, or choose at a later time."

It looks like I still have Adobe Audition Build 13.0.13.46 installed, so I suppose I should continue that until 14.0's issues are resolved? Any suggestions? Thanks.

Adobe Audition Build 14.0.0.36

Windows 10 Home v2004 OS build 19041.867
MOTU M2 USB Audio Interface firmware v1.02
MOTU M Series ASIO Driver v4.0.8.4479

TOPICS
Audio hardware , Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 19, 2021 Apr 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the exact same problem. Just installed Audition 14 and it won't even start up. Just stalls until Windows 10 reports "Adobe Audition is not responding"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 21, 2021 Apr 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im having this same issue but also with the 13 builds

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Apr 22, 2021 Apr 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep, me too. Version 13 does the same annoying thing. 

I've also got a weird thing with Photoshop where it starts up and then freezes for 15 seconds until it becomes responsive again. 15 seconds, every time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Apr 26, 2021 Apr 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I spoke with support and after much mucking about, the diagnosis was that it is my display adapter that fails to initialize. The work-around is to run Adobe Audition 2021 in Compatibility mode for Vista.

After I applied this setting, the software launches fine.

I have a GeForce GTX 1660 Super on the work pc I try to run Audition 2021 on.

You can also disable the display adapter from Device Manager (yes, your pc will still work but all advanced hardware options are disabled). This too will allow Audition 2021 to launch.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Apr 26, 2021 Apr 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Interesting. I have an ASUS GeForce GTX 1080 8GB ROG STRIX. Per a recommendation from Adobe's Premiere Pro forum I started using NVIDIA Studio Driver v460.89 for maximum compatibility, but that seemed to make no difference. I'll give Vista compatibility a try. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
May 03, 2021 May 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Audition 14.1 is still acting weird. I tried various Windows 10 compatiblity modes (Windows 8, Vista), but no joy.

The thing Audition does constantly is fail to start after one or two uses, obliging me to go to the Windows Task Manager and delete all running Audition background processes (typically 5 or more) and try again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines