• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Vary time signature in mix

New Here ,
Feb 13, 2021 Feb 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I all. I've been working with Audition for about a year now. A new challenge that I've run into is trying to use the "Bars and Beats" time display for a piece where the time signature changes from 4:4 to 3:4 and then back to 4:4 again.

Is it even possible to define the different time signatures in Audition, or do I need to mark up the PDF of the sheet music to help me keep the beat count correct when I'm trying to line up different parts of the singing?

I hope this makes sense. If there isn't a way to handle this in Audition, what work process have you used?

Thanks in advance for your help.

TOPICS
Feature request , How to , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 14, 2021 Feb 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Audition doesn't support multiple time signature or tempo changes in a session at all, I'm afraid - just the single one you set for the session. Since Audition is primarily an editor, and not music composition software (this has been argued about ad nauseum elsewhere), there seems to be little chance of this ever changing. As far as I'm aware, there are no workarounds other than having different sessions for each time signature - which seems rather clunky. There's an app that lets you concatenate two different sessions into a single one - sesx2sesx - but I have no idea what it does if the tempo settings are different between the sessions - perhaps SuiteSpot (the author of it) could enlighten us?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Feb 14, 2021 Feb 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks SteveG

As you say SteveG there can be only one tempo so sesx2sesx will take the tempo of the first session selected (the one to be appended to) and use that one

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 17, 2021 Feb 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the info Steve, I was afraid of that.

I'm taking recordings from multiple people in a choir who recorded separately and trying to line them up in a multitrack session. I've found with other projects that it is easier to have the timeline tell me where they are supposed to be based on the sheet music.

I guess I'll go back to calculating a conversion on the sheet music.

Have a great day.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines