• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Voice recording in audition is full of static and sounds like I'm in a can.

New Here ,
May 12, 2020 May 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am running a dynamic microphone through Behringer Xenyx 1204 USB mixer which is connected to my PC through USB.  When I record my voice into audition it's full of static and sounds like I'm in a can.  I've made alterations to the "audio hardware" under "preferences".  Please help.

IMG_8944.jpgIMG_8943.jpgIMG_8942.jpgIMG_8941.jpgIMG_8940.jpgIMG_8939.jpg

TOPICS
Audio hardware , Noise reduction , Playback

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,
May 13, 2020 May 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure whether this might be at least a contributory factor, but I notice your mic is plugged in to the Jack socket, rather than the much-preferred XLR, presumably because it has a Jack plug output.

That Jack socket is designed for "line-level" inputs which are much higher than even the "best" dynamic mic is able to output.  If you can, I would test your setup using a mic with an XLR plug.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 13, 2020 May 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This whole setup just looks a bit suspicious to me. Why is the Behringer listed as a 'microphone'? emmrecs is quite correct though - a microphone shouldn't be plugged into a line input - the levels won't match at all, but that doesn't account for the reported sound, as far as I can tell.

On the website, Behringer appear to recommend using the ASIO4ALL driver, and initially I think that would be a good idea here...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines