• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Volume level control

Community Beginner ,
Jan 23, 2023 Jan 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good day.  I am running Audition Version 3.0 on Windows 10 Home.  I have been using the Normalize feature thinking it would make all the music play back at the same level, but I'm finding out that is not the fact.  Is there a feature that I can use to make all of my songs play at the same audio level?  Thank you for any help with this.  My email is [Mod note: redacted - Adobe policy]

Dan Wilson...

TOPICS
Version 3 and earlier

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 24, 2023 Jan 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Audition 3 there is Edit>Group Waveform Analyse, but I don't personally think it's very effective. This is really something your ears should be telling you. The purpose of Normalize on its own as an effect is simply to make the highest peak in your file hit a fixed level, and as you have observed, this has nothing to do with how 'loud' something sounds. Later versions of Audition are better about sorting out relative loudness - the algorithms involved have improved significantly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 28, 2023 Jan 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you SteveG.  I appreiate the esplanation.

Dan Wilson...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Jan 24, 2023 Jan 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As Steve_G says this is a job where your ears are the best judge.
I found that if I ever have to do this I generally put all the final mixes into a multitrack session and solo between each track while playing them all in order to get a 'feel' for the perceived volume of each track and making adjustments accordingly

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 28, 2023 Jan 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you SuiteSpot.  I appreciate the help.

Dan Wilson...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines