• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

What DAWs can read Audition Markers?

Contributor ,
Jan 19, 2021 Jan 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Marker data written to files in Adobe Audition can't seem to be read by other programs, such as Audacity or Ableton. Does anyone of any other programs can read (and even better write) markers to files in a way that can be shared with Audition? (Ideally ones that are free or have free versions!)

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 20, 2021 Jan 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are using a Mac, you're out of luck*. But if you are using a PC then the answer to your problem is simple: CueListTool. If you read the introduction, you'll realise that you can handle markers completely independently of Audition if you want. Oh yes, it's free. There are no other options, but that hardly matters; this one is rather good...

One of the many downsides of Audacity is that it doesn't have a marker system as such - it just generates a 'label' track, and that doesn't have anything like the flexibility of Audition's marker system. There is other software that can read Audition's markers, but I'm not aware of any free stuff that can. iZotope's RX can read them without any difficulty, for instance.

*You might be able to run CueListTool as an emulation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jan 20, 2021 Jan 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks fore the tip! Lucky for me, I'm on a PC. However, those I'm trying to exchange marker data with are on Macs. I wish they'd just use Audition, but it's a tough sell to get folks to switch platforms for a minor feature like this.

But yeah, iZotope RX is an angle I can try! And I know that files recorded on Zoom recorders write marker data that Audition can read, too. If any other platforms (free or otherwise) leap to mind, I'd love to hear about it! This seems like something that should be easy to research, but I've found very little. It also seems like there'd be a good use for some kind of program that can read and exchange marker data from many different popular platforms, wouldn't you think?

Alternately, I'm wondering if there's anything like frame.io but geared strictly for audio. The closest I can think of is how SoundCloud handles commenting (tying comments to moments on the timeline) but something set up as a work tool rather that a public distribution tool, know what I mean? Anway, I guess I'm just dreaming....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines