• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why is my Multitrack Session over 25 hours long?

New Here ,
Jul 09, 2021 Jul 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I have a 20 second .wav file that I drop directly into Audition. When I right-click it in the Files window and select "New Multitrack Session," it places this clip at the end of a 25 hour session. This makes it impossible to zoom and fine-tune the clip in the multitrack session. 

This is what it looks like when first creating it:

1.PNG

And this is the most it can zoom in:

2.PNG

 

TOPICS
User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 09, 2021 Jul 09, 2021

When the file was recorded it probably used some form of time of day code, although 25hrs does seem to be rather a high figure for this. If you highlight the file and then go to the Properties window, you'll find that the first entry in the list for your clip is whatever the time it's placed in the session is. If you just highlight that figure and put a 0 in instead, the clip will jump to the start of the session, but it won't reduce your massive session. To do that, you then select 'zoom out al

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jul 09, 2021 Jul 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

When the file was recorded it probably used some form of time of day code, although 25hrs does seem to be rather a high figure for this. If you highlight the file and then go to the Properties window, you'll find that the first entry in the list for your clip is whatever the time it's placed in the session is. If you just highlight that figure and put a 0 in instead, the clip will jump to the start of the session, but it won't reduce your massive session. To do that, you then select 'zoom out all axes' and  your session should revert to a sensible length again.

Properties dialog.JPGZoom out full all axes again#.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines