• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Will Adobe Audition 1.5 work in Windows 10?

New Here ,
Jan 08, 2016 Jan 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

‌will Adobe Audition 1.5 work in Windows 10?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jan 08, 2016 Jan 08, 2016

Yes it will.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Jan 08, 2016 Jan 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes it will.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 02, 2016 Feb 02, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hey when i record n adobe audition 1.5 the recording freez the beat still play but it not recording im using m audio moblie pre intertface n window 10

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 02, 2016 Feb 02, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have the latest M-Audio drivers? Are you using their ASIO driver? Are they known to work OK with Win 10? As I said above AA 1.5 is perfectly happy with Win 10 as long as your audio interface's drivers are as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 03, 2016 Feb 03, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ryclark wrote:

Do you have the latest M-Audio drivers? Are you using their ASIO driver? Are they known to work OK with Win 10?

Quite. It has to be said, unfortunately, that M-Audio put rather more effort into making their hardware ProTools-friendly than they do into their generic drivers, and people have experienced difficulties with this in the past....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 06, 2016 Aug 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Basic functionality of Adobe Audition 1.5 works fine in Windows 10 (I'm using the 64-bit version) with the following exceptions/changes that I have found:

1) No longer able to drag/drop audio files into an open Audition window

2) Audition no longer recognises my NAS storage

3) The user data folder has changed from "C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Audition\1.5" to "C:\Users\username\Application Data\Adobe\Audition\1.5"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 09, 2017 Jun 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I \had to re-install 1.5 on my win 10 after Microsoft made it mysteriously disappear along with other audio programs after a windows update.

Any suggestions how to get it out of Tryout mode and enter the CD serial number?

Mark Brantner

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 10, 2017 Jun 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/mark+brantner  wrote

I \had to re-install 1.5 on my win 10 after Microsoft made it mysteriously disappear along with other audio programs after a windows update.

Any suggestions how to get it out of Tryout mode and enter the CD serial number?

I'm afraid that you won't be able to; the activation server for everything prior to, and including, Audition 3 has been turned off. There is a solution though - you need to upgrade to Audition 3, but you have to use the special download and its serial number - nothing else will work. You will find other information and links here:

Audition 3 and the activation service

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 14, 2019 Sep 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! Am I able to install Adobe Audition 3 in Windows10

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 18, 2018 Apr 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

but is not working in my windows 10

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 18, 2018 Apr 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well we can't really help much with that without knowing a lot more about your PC and how Audition is installed. What isn't working about Audition 1.5? We know that it can work because several people have managed to have AA 1.5 installed on their Win 10 computers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 07, 2019 Nov 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good day!  I am running AA 1.5 and have for years on my PC running Window 7 professional.  With the January 2020 Microsoft announcement of no longer supporting Windows 7, and I do use the internet on that PC, I know I need to upgrade to Windows 10.  However, may I request what specific drivers I need to download to allow 1.5 to properly work with Windows 10?  Does someone have a link to download them?  Thanks so much for your time and assistance.  Tommy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 09, 2021 Jun 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi 

i have adobe audition 1.5 on my windows 10 and its not opening at all now sticks on the loading part. what can i do?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 11, 2021 Jun 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using Windows 10 Pro, version 2004 (Build 19041.985) without any issues. Windows is trying to push me to upgrade to v 21H1, which I've been putting off, so if you're running a later version, I wonder if that could be the issue? If so, you might try running Audition in a VM (virtual machine) - but I really have no idea whether it's your Windows 10 version that's causing it or not - just a theory!

Other than that - completely uninstall it, using Geek Uninstaller, then re-install and see how you go - could be a broken registry entry.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 11, 2021 Jun 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Firstly, make sure you are running with Administrator rights - that catches a few people out. Secondly, right-click on the icon and see if there's a 'compatibility' mode you can try. But it does appear to be the case that the more Microsoft 'develops' Windows, the less chance there is of older software running correctly (or at all), it would seem. Running older versions for anything mission-critical certainly isn't something you should be relying on, I'm afraid.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 29, 2021 Jul 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have recently had some trouble with AA 1.5 but only on my laptop. When loading a session, a message will come up saying "format not recognized" and it won't load some of the wav files belonging to the session. A couple of times I've remedied this by deleting the temp folder AA creates but it doesn't work every time. Is anyone familiar with this error and can offer help on why it's happening and what to do when it happens? I usually end up reinstalling AA again and that will fix it for a while.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines