• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Zoom to Cursor/Mouse position (not playhead position) during playback

New Here ,
Dec 22, 2018 Dec 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Greetings All, I've had Audition 3.01 since forever and recently upgraded to CC 2019 and hopefully, I am simply overlooking a setting somewhere and someone can set me straight. I work with live concert recordings and work on an entire show (2-3 hrs in length) in one .wav. In Audition 3.01, I could begin playback  and then move the cursor/mouse to a different section and use the mouse wheel to zoom in on the position of the cursor/mouse. Essentially, I could be listening to the .wav while scouring the entire .wav for anomalies, etc. In CC 2019, no matter how I set the "Mouse Wheel Zoom" option, CC 2019 always zooms to the playhead position during playback. I want to be able to zoom in to the cursor/mouse position while listening to the .wav instead of zooming in to the playhead position. I've used Audition 3.01 for so many years that the ability to zoom in to the cursor position during playback, rather than the playhead position has become in-grained in my mastering routine and I hope there is a way to replicate Audition 3.01's behavior in CC 2019. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Scott Clugston

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 22, 2018 Dec 22, 2018

Also I don't think that this will work properly unless the Scroll Type is set to 'pagewise'.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Zoom function.JPG

Edit>Preferences>General

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the quick reply, however, as I mentioned in my original post, neither of those settings make a difference. No matter which option I select, CC 2019 zooms to the playhead position, never the cursor/mouse position. Any other thoughts?

Regards,

Scott Clugston

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You will probably also have to turn off Autoscroll option from the Playback preferences since that will tend to override the mouse cursor position by trying to keep centering the Playhead during playback.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also I don't think that this will work properly unless the Scroll Type is set to 'pagewise'.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Salute, a pet peeve solved, thanks so much. In my case I can leave the Autoscroll option "on",  and what  made the difference was setting the scroll type to "pagewise". Now CC 2019 zooms to my cursor/mouse during playback rather than to the playhead. I never would have thought to check either of these options on my own. Many thanks again.

Regards,

Scott Clugston 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 25, 2021 Jan 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where do you find the 'scroll type' pagewise option?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 25, 2021 Jan 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Edit>Preferences>Playback and Recording, in the Auto-Scroll box.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines