• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

3.01 to CC

Explorer ,
Nov 06, 2017 Nov 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been looking around a lot and cannot find a solution to the few hundred 3.1 sessions I have and how to convert them to CC as I need to. 

I have tried to re-install 3.01 to my updated windows 7 pro, but it will not open at all.  I have the original disc and everything needed, but NOTHING works.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

People's Champ , Nov 07, 2017 Nov 07, 2017

If you decide to move to Audition CC (and, depending on your needs, the software has "grown up" quite a bit) I can vouch for that software Charles has linked to.  I was written by a regular in these forums (Suitespot) so support is excellent!  One thing to note is that you have to be running a 64 bit operating system.

The problem you're having reinstalling Audition 3.01 is because, several year ago, Adobe took the activation server for old versions off line.  However, Adobe have made provision fo

Votes

Translate

Translate
Nov 06, 2017 Nov 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
People's Champ ,
Nov 07, 2017 Nov 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you decide to move to Audition CC (and, depending on your needs, the software has "grown up" quite a bit) I can vouch for that software Charles has linked to.  I was written by a regular in these forums (Suitespot) so support is excellent!  One thing to note is that you have to be running a 64 bit operating system.

The problem you're having reinstalling Audition 3.01 is because, several year ago, Adobe took the activation server for old versions off line.  However, Adobe have made provision for customers like you--you can download a new copy of 3.01 that you can activate with a generic serial number which they provide.  If you want to do this, this FAQ gives details and the URLs:  Audition 3 and the activation service

I recommend you read through the whole thing because it gives details of some issues you may have an the addresses also get updated toward the end.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Bob!!!  Works perfectly!

I have been working in Audition since it was Cool Edit Pro then moved to cs5 right away and have been on the CC subscription service since its inception.  I used both versions on a previous system but after doing a rebuild, I was unable to get 3.0 to work at all.  I have several old sessions that I want to remix and remaster using the side-chain compression in CC especially.  Plus there are several old sessions that I never saved mixes of and have been aching to get those. 

The third party software will not guarantee a proper compilation of sessions with all effects and track edits, so after not being able to find a solution, you saved me, thank you Bob!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"The third party software will not guarantee a proper compilation of sessions with all effects and track edits"

If you mean ses2sesx it will convert Audition/CEP FX (where there is an equivalent) and a few 3rd party FX but no it won't convert all known 3rd party FX.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Correction:  The software opened.

When I try to open old session files, it asks me to save to a new version, then... NOTHING. 

It should be opening up and asking for locations to all of the files in the sessions. 

NOTHING. 

Adobe owes me this.  15 years in this software, a paying customer. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

When you say 'nothing' do you mean that nothing appears on the timeline or that the session doesn't open?

Feel free to post one of your ses session files (or email to info at aatranslator dot com dot au) so I can see what is happening and I can help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines