• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Audition 12.1 “save” always does “save as”

New Here ,
Apr 12, 2019 Apr 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just upgraded to Audition 12.1 - every time I save, the app goes into the "Save As" flow, asking me to name the file, telling me it's overwriting the existing file. Same result whether I use the keyboard command or click the menu. It's more of a nuisance than a real issue. I found another person on reddit with the same issue but nothing else on the web

I've checked all the preferences and found nothing relevant.

Any ideas?

-a-

Mac Pro (Mid-2012)

macOS 10.13.2

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 21, 2019 Jul 21, 2019

Audition just got an update this past week. Did you download it? If not, see if that fixes this bug.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Apr 13, 2019 Apr 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Works fine as it is supposed to do here on a Win 10 PC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have exactly the same problem.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you also running Audition 12.1 on a Mac?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 14, 2019 Apr 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes. And i hope for some help, because in my workflow i‘m pressing cmd+s after some steps to save my work. It is really irritating, to get the save as procedure.    The different bugs after different updates are frustrating. Not only in audition!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Interesting. Does the same thing happen if you go to the File menu and click on Save there? Just wondering if the keyboard shortcut got changed somehow?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, same result whether from menu or key command.

Adriel Brunson

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe you should both report this as a Bug to Adobe then. https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/forums/911314-audition

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good idea, thanks.

-a-

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, same issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 17, 2019 Apr 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This was happening to me for a bit, but it isn't anymore. Have you tried trashing your preferences to see if something went wonky?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 21, 2019 Jul 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im having the same problem.

7fdc0a34ca9f9b9070bf89dc0429cfae.gif

Always when i hit "Save" by the menu or Cmd+S, it opens to "Save as" window, and then ask to replace the file.

Has someone found the problem yet?

(Audition 12.1.0.182, macOS 10.14.5)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Audition just got an update this past week. Did you download it? If not, see if that fixes this bug.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey David!

You are right! I've updated the Audition to 12.1.2.3 and its not doing the "Save As" anymore!

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 28, 2019 Oct 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the 12.1.3.10 update from a few weeks ago, and mine still does it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 19, 2019 Nov 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I discovered this issue seems to happen when I edit Multitrack that was imported from Premiere (Edit > Edit in Audition), but not when a new Multitrack session is created within Audition.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 26, 2019 Nov 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, same thing over here, it's really annoying. 

Found any solutions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 02, 2019 Dec 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Me too ! It's very annoying indeed ! Adobe always has such stupid bugs ! I am on a Mac Catalina and Premiere is always updated to the last version ! Any clue from Adobe ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 20, 2020 Feb 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for your patience. This issue (Save will prompt save as for all saves if sesx was created from a Premiere Pro project) is fixed in the latest Audition 2020 (13.0.3) update that's now available via the Creative Cloud Application. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 17, 2019 Apr 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue, really annoying! Has anyone found a fix?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 18, 2019 Apr 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My system has stopped doing this. I made no changes, no updates. It just no longer happens. Weird.

Adriel Brunson

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found out, that i get this error only if i came over a dynamic link from premiere for the first time. If i open an earlier edited file in premiere over right click „edit original“ and than i reopen the project in audition i don‘t get this error any longer. It seems to be a bug and I hope they will change this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perhaps it's not fixed because the Audition team doesn't know about it. If you found a reproducible case you should file a bug on UserVoice with your version of Audition and the exact steps it takes to reproduce the problem: https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/forums/911314-audition    

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was going to log this on their site then I found there already was an entry. So I added my comment to it. I also added a comment just now about how it stopped malfunctioning.

Thanks

-a-

Adriel Brunson

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 02, 2019 Dec 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, any news from Adobe or they keep on ignoring that stupid bug ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines