Audition 12.1 “save” always does “save as”

Just upgraded to Audition 12.1 - every time I save, the app goes into the "Save As" flow, asking me to name the file, telling me it's overwriting the existing file. Same result whether I use the keyboard command or click the menu. It's more of a nuisance than a real issue. I found another person on reddit with the same issue but nothing else on the web

I've checked all the preferences and found nothing relevant.

Any ideas?

-a-

Mac Pro (Mid-2012)

macOS 10.13.2

View all replies

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn More

Audition 12.1 “save” always does “save as”

Just upgraded to Audition 12.1 - every time I save, the app goes into the "Save As" flow, asking me to name the file, telling me it's overwriting the existing file. Same result whether I use the keyboard command or click the menu. It's more of a nuisance than a real issue. I found another person on reddit with the same issue but nothing else on the web

I've checked all the preferences and found nothing relevant.

Any ideas?

-a-

Mac Pro (Mid-2012)

macOS 10.13.2

View all replies

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn More
Correct Answer by davidarbor
Adobe Community Professional
| Adobe Community Professional

Audition just got an update this past week. Did you download it? If not, see if that fixes this bug.

24 Replies

Re: Audition 12.1 “save” always does “save as”

Adobe Community Professional, Apr 13, 2019

Works fine as it is supposed to do here on a Win 10 PC.

View all replies

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines

I have exactly the same problem.  

View all replies

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines

Adobe Community Professional, Apr 13, 2019

Are you also running Audition 12.1 on a Mac?

View all replies

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines

Yes. And i hope for some help, because in my workflow i‘m pressing cmd+s after some steps to save my work. It is really irritating, to get the save as procedure.    The different bugs after different updates are frustrating. Not only in audition!

View all replies

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines

Adobe Community Professional, Apr 14, 2019

Interesting. Does the same thing happen if you go to the File menu and click on Save there? Just wondering if the keyboard shortcut got changed somehow?

View all replies

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines

Yes, same result whether from menu or key command.

Adriel Brunson

View all replies

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines

Adobe Community Professional, Apr 14, 2019
View all replies

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines

Good idea, thanks.

-a-

View all replies

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines

Yes, same issue.

View all replies

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines

Adobe Community Professional, Apr 17, 2019

This was happening to me for a bit, but it isn't anymore. Have you tried trashing your preferences to see if something went wonky?

View all replies

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines

Im having the same problem.

7fdc0a34ca9f9b9070bf89dc0429cfae.gif

Always when i hit "Save" by the menu or Cmd+S, it opens to "Save as" window, and then ask to replace the file.

Has someone found the problem yet?

(Audition 12.1.0.182, macOS 10.14.5)

View all replies

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines

Audition just got an update this past week. Did you download it? If not, see if that fixes this bug.

View all replies

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines

Hey David!

You are right! I've updated the Audition to 12.1.2.3 and its not doing the "Save As" anymore!

Thank you!

View all replies

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines

I have the 12.1.3.10 update from a few weeks ago, and mine still does it.

View all replies

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines

I discovered this issue seems to happen when I edit Multitrack that was imported from Premiere (Edit > Edit in Audition), but not when a new Multitrack session is created within Audition.

View all replies

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines

Yeah, same thing over here, it's really annoying. 

Found any solutions?

View all replies

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines

Me too ! It's very annoying indeed ! Adobe always has such stupid bugs ! I am on a Mac Catalina and Premiere is always updated to the last version ! Any clue from Adobe ?

View all replies

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines

I'm having the same issue, really annoying! Has anyone found a fix?

View all replies

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines

My system has stopped doing this. I made no changes, no updates. It just no longer happens. Weird.

Adriel Brunson

View all replies

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines

I found out, that i get this error only if i came over a dynamic link from premiere for the first time. If i open an earlier edited file in premiere over right click „edit original“ and than i reopen the project in audition i don‘t get this error any longer. It seems to be a bug and I hope they will change this.

View all replies

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines

Adobe Community Professional, Apr 18, 2019

Perhaps it's not fixed because the Audition team doesn't know about it. If you found a reproducible case you should file a bug on UserVoice with your version of Audition and the exact steps it takes to reproduce the problem: https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/forums/911314-audition    

View all replies

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines

I was going to log this on their site then I found there already was an entry. So I added my comment to it. I also added a comment just now about how it stopped malfunctioning.

Thanks

-a-

Adriel Brunson

View all replies

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines

Hello, any news from Adobe or they keep on ignoring that stupid bug ?

View all replies

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines

I got the same bug and no it did not solve this…

View all replies

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines