Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Audition CC 2018 Crashing On Startup & When Loading .sesx Files

New Here ,
Nov 19, 2017 Nov 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the .crash file if needed.

Also, obviously I need me project to work and I'm losing valuable time and vocal recording and it's being wasted by this buggy app.

I need help but I'm also so frustrated.

-kaleb

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 19, 2017 Nov 19, 2017

You need to do what it says here: Audition Crashed. Now what?

You may also benefit in the short term from reinstalling the previous version, which you should be able to do from the CC app.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Nov 19, 2017 Nov 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to do what it says here: Audition Crashed. Now what?

You may also benefit in the short term from reinstalling the previous version, which you should be able to do from the CC app.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Aug 06, 2018 Aug 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Do you have an nvidia graphics card?  Or do you have a Bios that lets you select which main GPU to use?

If you have nvidia, google NVIDIA inspector, or NVIDIA profile inspector download.  Download the latest copy with the profile inspector.  It's pretty straightforward.  If you have things set up per application, you'll have to find the older adobe software profile in the dropdown list.  Find adobe soundbooth.  Then click on the NEW profile icon to the right of that (there are tooltips so let them show you which is which).  It will ask you to name the profile.  I called mine Adobe Audition CC.  Go down the list of properties to the "OTHER" section.  Find a setting that says something like "ENABLE OPTIMUS".  To the right is the value set for this.  Go ahead and click the value to get a dropdown list.  Set this to the option with ENABLE in the name.  Go to the top, and find the icon with a + sign that shows the tooltip add application to profile, select the application from your program files (the EXE).  Done.  Hit apply changes, close this inspector.  Don't worry about your control panel.  I keep mine set to prefer nvidia globally, and only one or two programs will actually use the intel when they need to.

NOTE: I updated both nvidia and intel drivers manually first.

If you have an ATI, AMD, or RADEON type card, you'll need to find out how to force optimus to enabled for them.  I'm guessing here... ...It has to be a DLL or a registry value somewhere that enables it either globally or by application.

If your BIOS has an advanced page, you may be able to turn off OPTIMUS entirely, which should fix the problem.  You'll have to select the option to use your discreet GPU exclusively, but it will allow you to open this app and others with newer DX11\openCL code that demands a single capable card.  Two graphics cards confuses the programming, unless you have their linkage arranged properly with one set as the main.  For me, Intel is the screen output main, but the NVIDIA runs just about every program.  Only a few actually stick to the intel for older DX8 and DX9 (it's perfectly capable of running those really fast since they are really old games that only require 256mb vram max; it gets up to 2gb of my ram for video share, and blows it away).  It helps to have this setup.  There's a slight speed bump when it comes to graphics tasks that require a lot of different rendering actions.  When it's more calc intensive, it uses nvidia, when it's simpler rgb adjustment, it tends to saddle the intel (photoshop especially, though it only shows an nvidia card).  You'll have to enable optimus manually based on your card and system setup if you have discreet graphics.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines