• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Audition Forcing 192Kbps Bit Rate on Multitrack Mixdown export regardless of settings.

New Here ,
Sep 12, 2019 Sep 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey all!

I'm using Adobe Audition 12.1.3.10 for Mac. I've got a multitrack file that I'm trying to export. I used to never have any issues with exporting. But, now I'm about to rip out my hair.

Whenever I attempt to export the Multitrack Mixdown to MP3, it doesn't export at the bit rate I select in Format Settings. I change the track to "Mono" and change the bit rate settings to 80, 63, 56 or even 320 (I've tried all three just to see what happens).

However, whenever the file is done exporting, the file-size is double what it should be. When I examine the file, regardless of which bit rate I choose, the file exports at 192kbps.

Even when I export the file at 92kbps in stereo, it comes out as 192kbps. Is there some setting I need to fix? What am I missing?! GAH!

TOPICS
Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 12, 2019 Sep 12, 2019

Votes

Translate

Translate
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just tested this on my Adobe Audition 12.1.13.10 and couldn't replicate this issue. I used the settings from your screen shot.

If this is working for you the workaround to try would be Multitrack > Mixdown Session to New File > Entire Session and then the File > Save As... dialogue from waveform view. Check to see if this creates the same issue for you or find if it works this way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@SteveG_AudioMasters_ This is incorrect. If you fully read the problem I'm having, you'll see that these are two separate issues. The issue you're referencing is regarding their export working correctly but their settings defaulting and them having to re-set back for every new export. My issue is that the export is not functioning correctly... regardless of what settings I choose, the resulting file is defaulting to 192Kbps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Mike Russell - I actually tried this already and using that process works just fine... it's been my bandaid since the issue first arose. Issue only arises when I Export the Multitrack Mixdown.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 08, 2020 Jun 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm encountering the same problem. Were you able to find a solution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines