• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Audition functioning improperly since Win10 "upgrade"

Explorer ,
Dec 08, 2018 Dec 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was forced to upgrade to Win10 pro upon having to replace my mobo and cpu, the i78600k which will not work properly on win7 pro.  My other Adobe software programs are working just fine but Audition is all kinds of wonky and I am unable to get it to work after reinstalling and going back to the 2018 version as well.  I did a quick Camtasia vid to elucidate what is (not)happening.  Any help would be greatly appreciated!     Here is the link:  Audition not working - YouTube

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 08, 2018 Dec 08, 2018

As far as I can make out from your no-sound video, Audition is doing some sort of a freeze. The first thing you should check is whether the Hardware Acceleration is turned on in Preferences - this can make a significant difference to the visual performance.

Use Hardware Acceleration.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As far as I can make out from your no-sound video, Audition is doing some sort of a freeze. The first thing you should check is whether the Hardware Acceleration is turned on in Preferences - this can make a significant difference to the visual performance.

Use Hardware Acceleration.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is sound in the video and I am trying to un-tick or tick the hardware acceleration but the tick box doesn't even appear. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, I clicked in the area of the tick box, saved, closed and restarted and all is well now.  I will have to look into that because my system is very powerful and mostly brand new with all hardware drivers and software properly up to date.  Thanks Steve!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I figured out where the sound went - my fault. Helps if you turn the powered monitors on...

The system is now designed to work properly with hardware acceleration, and that applies now to all Windows 10 systems running Audition. I suspect that in the long run, when support for earlier OS's goes, that check box will go too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Im not seeing just plain "answered", only "assumed answered" but this is definitely fixed.  Thanks again Steve!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines