Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Combining Multiple Tracks Into One File

Mar 16, 2017 Mar 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello - new to the forums here, so apologies in advance if I am asking something the wrong way.  I have an Adobe Audition multi-track session made up of about 40 individual tracks.  I would like to combine (merge down, whatever) all of these tracks into one long individual file that I can then edit.  I would like for these individual tracks to come together in order, however whenever I select them all and then mix them down to a new file, or bounce them to a new track, all of the audio plays on top of each other.  Is there a way to do what I am wanting to do?  I swear I have seen this done before, but I cannot remember how for the life of me.  Thank you in advance!

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 16, 2017 Mar 16, 2017

You have two methods; either place the files one after another on a single track, and mix that down - or use Waveform view and Open>Append. This will put each track at the end of the previous one, and then you just have to save the resultant file.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Mar 16, 2017 Mar 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have two methods; either place the files one after another on a single track, and mix that down - or use Waveform view and Open>Append. This will put each track at the end of the previous one, and then you just have to save the resultant file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 17, 2017 Mar 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Alaska Joe: You may find what you're looking for in this tutorial:

Audio mixing for beginners

Export a multitrack session from Audition

Record and edit music (check out Video #4)

Hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 17, 2017 Mar 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is what I was looking for, and of course as soon as you posted it I remembered.  I have worked with Audition on and off again since the Cool Edit days, and you would think I would not forget such a basic thing, but for some reason I just had a brain fart in the wee hours.  Thanks for the reminder!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 10, 2020 Nov 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try Joyoshare Video Joiner. That's what I found recently. I used it to merge multiple MP3 tracks into one. It allows me to freely adjust the order of my tracks and to fully edit them. I think it is perfect for your requirements.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 11, 2020 Nov 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is an Audition forum, and 'video joiners' have nothing to do with it. You will find that generally, it's best to stick to relevant answers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines