Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Control " K " Slicing Video and Audio Together

Guide ,
Jun 07, 2020 Jun 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Everyone.

I Imported a Sequence from Premier To Audition. I can easily use the Razor Tool, or Clik on Control+K to Trim. I noticed It only Trims the Audio, not the Movie. I am not trying to do my Video Editing In Audition, but I just want to know If you can Slice or Cut the Video and Audio Together?

Thanks.

Control K.jpg

TOPICS
Audio hardware , How to , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 08, 2020 Jun 08, 2020

No you can't - because that would be trying to do your video editing in Audition, wouldn't it? 😉

It used to be possible, back in the days when it was also possible to resave your video and audio edit in Audition (if the video was just a cut, anyway), but as a matter of principle the demarkation is now strictly observed, and if you want to reassemble a movie that you've altered the audio on, you have to use Media Encoder. And Audition only supports video playback.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jun 08, 2020 Jun 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No you can't - because that would be trying to do your video editing in Audition, wouldn't it? 😉

It used to be possible, back in the days when it was also possible to resave your video and audio edit in Audition (if the video was just a cut, anyway), but as a matter of principle the demarkation is now strictly observed, and if you want to reassemble a movie that you've altered the audio on, you have to use Media Encoder. And Audition only supports video playback.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,
Jun 12, 2020 Jun 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you very much.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Jun 08, 2020 Jun 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Simple answer: No.

Audition essentially "separates" the audio from the video when your file is imported.  Any changes made to the audio do not affect the video in any way.  Once your "audio editing" is complete you have to replace the "old" audio and  "remux" your new audio file with the video to produce a single, combined audio and video file.

HTH

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines