• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Getting my voice to sound like Ordis?

Contributor ,
Jun 19, 2019 Jun 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to get an effect on my voice similar to this character from Warfrme, called Ordis. I included a link to collection of his voice lines. I'm MAINLY after the effects of his standard talking, as well as the static hitches, but the bass distortions and other modifications would be nice to know as well. Does anyone know what sort of effects I'd need to layer and adjust to get these effects? Thanks in advance!

Warframe: Ordis Quotes 2 - YouTube

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 19, 2019 Jun 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could start with the contents in this video

Basically it is showing you how to combine your voice with a hum, using Mix Paste from the Edit menu.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jun 24, 2019 Jun 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've followed that video before, but it makes it too distorted basically...doesn't end up at all like how Ordis sounds. 😕

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 24, 2019 Jun 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perhaps this one which focuses on Generate > Tones from the Effects menu will give you more ability to adjust to your needs.

You could also add a bit of echo, to help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 25, 2019 Jun 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It's dead simple, this one - you don't need a video. Most of this is in the vocal delivery, but the actual effect is feedback around a very short analog delay. You can get pretty close to the settings they used like this:

Ordis.JPG

The important thing here is not to overdo the feedback. The delay time I used matches the delay on the video pretty closely, but other than that you can adjust this around a bit to suit the vocal delivery - which is entirely down to you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines