• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do i create this sound effect shown in this video?

Community Beginner ,
Nov 04, 2019 Nov 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everybody! Beginner audio magician here, i just got the program a couple days ago, so explain like im five please.

I have been trying to recreate a sound effect for a while now in other editors like Premiere Pro ( i know, not an audio focused program, but you can do some stuff in there too). I can't really describe it with my limited English, so you better listen https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zG50yKqGxak  The effect can be heard from 1:48-1:58. With my limited audio knowledge it sounds like the audio waves are edited in a way that they move dramatically to low tone and high tone to create this " wavy" effect.

Can somebody help me out please ? How to recreate it? Or just tell me the name of the effect?

Thank you very much in advance!

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 05, 2019 Nov 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Effects>Time and Pitch>Pitch bender

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello. Thanks for the reply. You're partially correct.

The effect is right, however, its not exactly what shown in the video. See, i can apply the effect, change the semitones, and even edit the pitches myself in the editor by adding points. However, it is not nearly close as shown in the video. The problem is that i think he's using some type of algorithm, perhaps one that is built in to the program he's using, and the algorithm extremely changes tones in seconds, making that surreal sound.

It can't really be done with this in Audition. No matter how many points i edit in the editor, where i place them, or how much i change the semitones. Yes, it almost sounds like in the video, but still not perfect.

Is there an algorithm in Audition to just randomize the pitch?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Like you said, you're a beginner... I wouldn't have applied that effect in one go. If you want to make it match things that are already on the track, then you have to break it up into smaller segments and modify one bit at a time.

Anyway, you asked what the effect was, and I told you. I make that 100% correct!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines