• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to remove room reverb after I bring up volum after dereverb?

Community Beginner ,
Oct 31, 2019 Oct 31, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the movie is a single person speaking in a small meeting room with walls..

microphone is just a collar mic without sponge...(We might buy a better mic later..)

will put on sponge help?

I use Noise reduction 100% > Declicker (Default) > DeReverb 50%~60% > single band compressor or normalizer (to make sound louder)

I can remove reverb on DeReverb

But after I use all the effect, there will be reverb on certain word, and an environment echo sounds like room.

i need to put dereverb on certain word to get rid of the reverb there...

the echo of room or maybe it is late reverb was not so significant befor I bring the volum loud...

but I need to make it louder...

what to do.......

TOPICS
Audio hardware , How to , Noise reduction

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 01, 2019 Nov 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

DeReverb doesn't work perfectly, and one of the things it simply can't do is get rid of the 'room' tone. If you record in an environment with a noticeable sound of its own, it becomes a part of the 'wanted' part of the recording, and as such is permanent.

The windshield on the mic - your 'sponge' - is there to prevent breath blasts making the diaphragm of the mic distort. Generally it's a good idea to use one, but it won't actually alter the sound you record, as such. If you are going to use lapel mics, you have to remember that in order to work correctly (without a bass boost) close to a person, they have to be omnidirectional - which means that inevitably, they will pick up more room tone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 01, 2019 Nov 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you very much!!! 

We definitely need a new mic.

Good news is:

I adjust my audio again today.

I use in AU: Noise Reduction 70% > Declicker (default) > Noise Reduction 70% > DeReverb 60%

And add volum, and a little bit clarity(3.0) in Premiere Pro.

I feel the reverb is mush less then yesterday!

Maybe it was because I use 100% in noise reduction, or because the compressor or normalizer makes the room echo louder?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines