• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Monitor output level

Enthusiast ,
Feb 22, 2018 Feb 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a joint question with Premiere, I guess. On my system there is a HUGE difference in output volume when I switch between Audition and Premiere and many other apps. Audition is nearly twice the volume on the exact same file. Meters read the same in both apps, but output from the speakers is radically different. I am unaware of a way to adjust this in either program. In past releases I remember a slight difference in level, but this is very radical. Audition seems to be "loud" even compared to other software I use.

Anyone know of a way to adjust this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Depends what you call 'huge', I suppose. Premiere's audio is noted (certainly around here) for being royally screwed in terms of levels, as there's no consistency between tracks. We looked into this a while back and here is what I noted about it then:

"I'm not surprised, and this is Premiere's fault entirely, as it imports (and presumably exports) files at different levels according to what audio track you put them on. Premiere's audio is, quite frankly, not really up to much when it comes to levels, as a lot of users have found. Audition, on the other hand, is at least consistent, even if the pan law behaviour is a little surprising.

What if comes down to is that if you move clips from Premiere to Audition and back again, then you have to be careful, and unfortunately there is no guarantee that levels will be consistent. You may like to inquire on the Premiere forum about when they're going to fix this..."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It was a HUGE difference. I tracked it down - it was the fact that I was using a different driver. My interface has an ASIO and an MME driver. Premiere was set for one while Audition was set for the other. Changed them both to ASIO and they match MUCH better!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines