• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Normalize volume to the max of another track?

Contributor ,
Apr 29, 2018 Apr 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I have a voiceover track that I want to start playing in a video I'm working on, but I also have music playing underneath. My current plan is to have the music start out louder, then fade to just barely audible underneath the voiceover. The problem is, currently, the music is WAY louder than my voiceover at the beginning. I was wondering if there was a way to make it perfectly even in audition.

I haven't used audition much, but I'll try to keep up.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Apr 29, 2018 Apr 29, 2018

Look to see what levels appears on Audition's meters when you play the Music on it's own and then the voiceover. You can use the Track Volume control to turn down the overall level of the music to the level that you want for the start.

Then there are two ways to dip the music under the voiceover. Most straightforward is to use the yellow Volume envelope line on the music Track by adding keyframes by clicking on the line and use them to lower the volume of the music whilst the voiceover is playing

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Apr 29, 2018 Apr 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Look to see what levels appears on Audition's meters when you play the Music on it's own and then the voiceover. You can use the Track Volume control to turn down the overall level of the music to the level that you want for the start.

Then there are two ways to dip the music under the voiceover. Most straightforward is to use the yellow Volume envelope line on the music Track by adding keyframes by clicking on the line and use them to lower the volume of the music whilst the voiceover is playing. Then you can bring it up again when the voiceover ends.

The second method is to use the Auto Ducking tools from the Essential Audio panel.

Auto-Ducking: Adobe Audition CC 2018 - YouTube 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines