• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Opening an audio file suddenly takes minutes

Community Beginner ,
Jun 24, 2020 Jun 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently upgraded to the Adobe CC full plan last month and was able to quickly open high-resolution WAV and FLAC files in the new version of Audition within seconds. As of yesterday however, opening a high-resolution file now takes minutes to open. Similarly, doing any simple processing like EQ on the same file takes more than five minutes. After saving the changes, it then takes a further five minutes or so for the program to close down. The rest of my computer is running fine, so it is not a system issue.

I downgraded to an older version, reset my preferences folders (I do not remember which order I did that in) and have tried again but opening a file still takes much, much longer than it used it. Is anyone else suddenly having this problem or had any luck in fixing it?

Thank you all.

TOPICS
Freeze or hang , Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Jun 24, 2020 Jun 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you post the sesx file so I can check it out?

Or email it to info@aatranslator.com.au

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 07, 2020 Jul 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There isn't a session file, as this only happened when I dragged and dropped a file into the main window.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Aug 19, 2020 Aug 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can I assume that these files are located on a local internal SSD drive?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 25, 2020 Jun 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have to say that there are loads of things that could account for this. It's not unknown for Wifi searches to stop all access to the rest of the machine whilst they take place, and similarly anti-virus software can insist on checking files before they are opened or written. Regardless of what's actually causing this, it's as well to make sure that your anti-virus software leaves Audition and the file types it handles well alone!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 09, 2020 Jul 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have had an issue with slowly opening and closing audio files in Audition since last fall. The software locks during closing files consistently (every time used) and has to be forced to close. It is not the virus software since the software has not changed. Would be nice if the software engineers can figure it out! I do not have the problem with any other audio software on my machine. I have sent files to examine. They do not know what is causing the problem. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 18, 2020 Aug 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just an update -- I am still having this issue. The very lastest version of Audition CC (which was just updated today) took 94 seconds to open a 4'12" WAV file. Yesterday it took almost an hour for the program to close a 5.1 multi-track session containing six stems. As soon as I drag an audio file into the program, I get a Not Responding message but it does eventually open.

This is insanely annoying. Nothing else on my PC is going slow (I can do other tasks at the same time as having Audition open and have other programs running), so it is not a general system/memory issue as far as I can tell, but the HDD light is basically solid the whole time that Audition is doing anything, even a quick normalization of a file or a loudness check.

The strange thing is that every once in a while, Audition CC runs as quickly and as smoothly as Audition 3.0 did before I upgraded. It will open, import, export and close down quickly. But for the past month or so, even the most basic tasks take Audition forever to execute. I tried containing Adobe's Tech Support but nothing came out of it.

Is anyone else having this issue? I'm on a well-maintained Windows 10 64-bit system that works perfectly well with anything else, including the latest edition of Premiere Pro CC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 19, 2020 Aug 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only thing I can suggest at this point is that you run Microsoft's Process Monitor on your system to establish what's happening during the 'not responding' messages. You can find it here. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 15, 2023 Mar 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I upgraded and expereienced the same issues... then I changed up my shared Media cache to my external hd and it seems to have gone back to "normal" 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 28, 2023 Jun 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have teh same issue

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 28, 2023 Jun 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I just and downloaded an older version. Cleared up the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines