• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Pre-fader send exporting error

New Here ,
May 11, 2021 May 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm currently mixing a track, which involves some NY compression on vocals (using a pre-fader send from the vocal track to the NY compression bus). However, when I export the file, the vocals sound choppy and jumbled. When I mute the NY compression bus it's gone and when I make the send post-fader, the problem is also gone. But I would still love to have the send pre-fader. Can somebody help me out?

TOPICS
Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 11, 2021 May 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Should work, and it really shouldn't make a lot of difference if the feed to the bus (presumably with the compressor on it) is pre or post fade. A couple of questions; which compressor are you using, and does it play correctly in Multitrack before mixing it down?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 12, 2021 May 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, the NY bus has a Focusrite Red 2 compressor and a Red 3 EQ on it. But turning the FX off doesn't change anything sadly.

After I open a single file and go back to the multitrack de NY bus plays back not synchronized as well. That can get solved by switching the send from pre- to post-fader and back again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 12, 2021 May 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you try the same thing, only using the built-in effects, does it make any difference? Sometimes there are still latency issues just caused by having a process present, even though the effect appears to be bypassed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 13, 2021 May 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've tried it, and that doesn't make a difference either.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 21, 2024 Mar 21, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has this been resolved; because I'm having the same trouble when I use parallel compression as a pre fader. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 21, 2024 Mar 21, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you every find anything out bro?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 27, 2024 Mar 27, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I honestly can't remember, but seeing as I didn't leave a solution in here, I gave up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines