Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Pro Tools -> Audition with Mix Info/Track Info

Participant ,
Jul 30, 2020 Jul 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, 

I have been looking all over for this information. I posted in the Premiere forum but got no help (literally no one commented on it) so I'm asking here now with a slightly different question.

We have had a video project mixed by an audio engineer. We would like the project from him, with the track/mixer information. However he uses Pro Tools, and we do not. Originally i got an AAF from him, which i imported into Premiere but that does not contain the track information, just the audio files in a timeline. 

I asked him to bounce each track to a compiled (ie that spans the entire project so syncing is simpler) .wav so that i can have it that way, but in his words "i use bus outputs for effects and mixing so thats not going to come through in the seperate .wav files". So that was also kind of pointless. 

Is there a format he could give me, that i can use in Audition which will retain the track information he has. So that i do not have to go back in and remix the entire freaking video myself. I know that he could just give me a stereo wav of the mix, but thats not what we would like as there may be additional changes later down the line that we would like to do. 

Thanks in advance for the help!

TOPICS
Audio hardware , Export , FAQ , Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 31, 2020 Jul 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The obvious answer for your audio guy is to use this: AATranslator 

The writer of this app (the only one available as far as I'm aware) is a member of this forum, so further assistance may well be possible if you run into trouble - he's generally a helpful guy! I do recall though that he has 'muttered' fairly considerably about some of the things that PT have done with their session formats in the past...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Jul 31, 2020 Jul 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You are indeed correct SteveG, Avid has and does continue to keep me on my toes but I guess that is part of the fun.

AAF and to a greater extent OMF are pretty useless and certainly contain far less detail than one should expect.
I'm not sure what the OP means by "retain the track information" but AATranslator will convert track volume, mute and pan automation. It will also convert clip gain and clip volume envelopes (though PT only has one or the other and not both). It will convert a lot more detail but currently doesn't translate track and bus routing - fx/plugins and midi are currently not converted.
The OP can email me directly info@aatranslator.com.au to discuss AATranslator's suitability

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines