Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problem Exporting from multitrack - error code 0000000B

Engaged ,
May 22, 2020 May 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm having severe issues exporting a multitrack project from Audition CC2019 v 12.1.2.3

I receive a "severe error" warning, code 0000000B, and cannot export from the timeline. Neither can I bounce individual tracks, it seems.

I'm aware of people saying this can be connected to use of 3rd party plugins - I am using 3 in this session, which are Waves, Eventide and a Kilohearts "Tape Stop" plugin. I am going through removing/ disabling plugins temporarily to see if this resolves the plugin, but so far no luck.

I have to deliver an hour-long radio doc this afternoon, a lot of hours have gone into it, and at the moment it is stuck in my timeline.

Are there any solutions anyone is aware of? An update that will work? Anything? This is so frustrating

TOPICS
Crash , Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, it's taken some time (because I missed a track when disabling plugins) but it turns out to the Kilohearts Tape Stop plugin that causes the error. This is a bit of a nightmare as the plugin is used throughout  8 x 1 hour radio docs which were sent to me by a video editor to mix (very strange that he is working in Premiere Pro and the same plugin doesn't cause any issues there)

Hey ho. Another serious glitch to add to the long list of issues which make Audition completely unreliable...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Audition has a long history of being very fussy about poorly-written VST effects - several manufacturers (including Waves) have had to rewrite VSTs so that they follow the specification and don't take short-cuts. Now you can blame Audition for that if you like, but personally I think it's a good thing. Haven't heard so much about it lately though - most VST providers have upped their game. Maybe this is one that hasn't?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hey Steve,
I'm no programmer and I'm sure you know what you say when you describe plugs that don't follow specifications, but at the same time Adobe could up their game and make sure the software is more resilient - I don't have these issue in other DAWs, but ALWAYS come up against issues when I have to work in Adobe Audition it is incredibly buggy (I'm not necessarily saying the issue doesn't lie with the VST in this case, respect your knowledge. Also frustrating is the inconsistency that the offending plug-in in this case does not cause issues in Premiere Pro, but does in Audition.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's all part of Audition's history - not of my making; I'm merely reporting what's happened previously, just to give you a bit of context. As far as I can make out, there is no intention to degrade Audition's ability to reject dodgy plugins - indeed it could be argued that it's making the situation better worlwide by encouraging more 'correct' coding. Apparently it's all to do with developers taking short-cuts simply because they work on most software, although I don't have any specific details. Also, when confronted with the evidence, I believe that most of them know they've done it...

And Audition isn't incredibly buggy - if it was there would be mass protests and we'd all know about it. It did actually happen once though, when Audition 2 was forced out of the door before the developers said that it was anything like ready. And that really was buggy. But no software is bug-free, and in my experience Audition is no better or worse than most of the rest of it - wherever it came from.

Premiere uses a completely different audio engine that appears to be more tolerant of dodgy VSTs. Audition's developers would probably say that it was poorly coded, but I'm not quite sure what you'd have to feed them before they'd actually confess to their true feelings about it... 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
May 24, 2020 May 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I appreciate the background of VST development. I don't know anything about it and defer to your knowledge, I'm sure you know what you're talking.

Regarding Audition being incredibly buggy, and your assertion that it isn't - here I do have experience and can comment. I've been a user of Audition since the very first release, and earlier since I was a Cool Edit Pro user back as far as 1999. I've also spent extensive time editing in Wavelab, Cubase, Logic Pro 9 as my main DAW's at various times, and currently predominantly using Reaper. I have NEVER encountered a DAW as consistently buggy as Audition. To mention just a few Audition issues over recent releases, we have things like: the duplicate track function not working correctly, surround sound panners not working properly, playback ceasing to work... I mean we're not talking about wee issues. And - ironically since the principle reason for me to use Audition over other frankly much better DAWs is the ease of round-tripping from the video edit software - Audition in my experience is simply not able to deal editing mixing sound to video as playback ends up so jittery, the process ends up requiring so many workarounds and compromises it's pretty much impossible. That is a consistent issue throughout every single Audition release over several years now, on different operating systems and different computers - making it almost impossible to do things which I could do without any issues in Logic Pro 9 a decade ago with a much less powerful computer. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 03, 2020 Jul 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've just turned all of the effects off (Audition and 3rd party) and still the same error.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't know what's actually happening, but there are definitely issues with the current release and Multitrack saves. The inmediate solution is to replace your current version with the beta version available using the CC tool, which apparently fixes the problems. The only real difference with the beta versions compared to the release versions is that usage is logged.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cheers Steve, appreciated. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 06, 2020 Jul 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmmmm, just downloaded the Beta version, and still the same error occurring whatever format I use as an output (mp3, Flac, Aiff, Wav).
Do you know of any way to downgrade to the previous version?

Thanks again in advance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you've installed via the CC app, the only options you have are displayed in it - that's the current version and its -1. If you had earlier versions installed on your machine, then unless you deleted them, they will still be there - they can all co-exist quite happily; there are at least four versions on this laptop, for instance.

What is the specific problem you have? Would you like to start a new thread about it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Steve, I've just downgraded in the past few minutes and tested. I've had to go back to v 13.04 for the export to work properly again, but at least that's now useable, and no need to start a downgrading thread.

Thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines