• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"File in use" error when saving back to Premiere

Explorer ,
Feb 10, 2020 Feb 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just did a Windows 10 install on 2 workstations that were running 7 and updated to the latest versions of Premiere and Audition. Everything went perfect except I have a problem with the "edit in Audition" feature. I am getting - "the file is in use by another application and cannot be overwritten". Both computers are doing the same thing so I am assuming something the 10 install caused it.

I tried several clips and its stuck. It will let me do a "save as" to the drive with a different name and I can manually replace it but that takes extra time. . I reloaded the software on one of the workstations just in case the but the problem stays. I used the stations last week before the update and must have used the feature at least 10 times from the timeline so it always worked.

I double checked the cache settings and everything seems in order.

Any suggestions were to start. Thanks in advance.

TOPICS
Audio hardware , Export , Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , May 28, 2020 May 28, 2020

Ok, I think I have this one "licked". So if you are saving to a drive that is synced with your local Google Drive or other synced folder this can happen. If you simply disable the Google update and sync funtion for that drive (usually found in the icon systray at the bottom right on Windows then right click the google drive icon), then try and save your file in Audition and have it also update the Premeire linked file. This should work normally again. Don't forget to turn back on the sync functi

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Feb 11, 2020 Feb 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Something very similar to this has been reported as a bug, but there isn't any developer feedback yet. If I hear any more, I'll report it back here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 12, 2020 Oct 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Steve Thank you so much for information as my new WD external drive 2B while connected to windows 10 OS has problem during recording on auditon CC 2020 and during editing; recording_stops and freezes_while editing no sound from monitoring speakers; I eject the WD drive external 2TB and audition works OK. I was directed by the technical support to adobe community page. Any one has this issue I am not sure Steve.

I have also WD 2TB drive on my mac book catilina OSX ..no issues works good.

My question is the problem with windows or WD drive not being compatible?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 28, 2020 May 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, I think I have this one "licked". So if you are saving to a drive that is synced with your local Google Drive or other synced folder this can happen. If you simply disable the Google update and sync funtion for that drive (usually found in the icon systray at the bottom right on Windows then right click the google drive icon), then try and save your file in Audition and have it also update the Premeire linked file. This should work normally again. Don't forget to turn back on the sync function to your Drive after so that any new work syncs and gets properly backed up. I hope this helps. It took a bunch of trouble shooting to figure this one out. Cheers!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 25, 2020 Jul 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That was it! Dropbox was the culprit for me and I would have never suspected.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 18, 2021 May 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That helped me a lot friend!  Felt like i should go out of my way to say thanks even if you never read this.   That crap was maddening! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 10, 2023 May 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This doesn't work for me. I don't have google drive connected or syncing to PC. Problme still present 😞 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 11, 2023 Dec 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I use OneDrive as a working folder, so I tried this solution and I'm still getting the "file is in use by another application" error. Stopped syncing OneDrive. I even closed the program. I still get the error. There are no other apps that are syncing to the cloud.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 22, 2023 Nov 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is still a problem in v24.0.3.3. I do not have dropbox or Google drive or any backup service running. I just have to wait a full minute while Audition chokes on itself 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 26, 2023 Nov 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yeah i got the same problem with audition and after effects

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines